The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Post Yervoy scan result questions

Forums General Melanoma Community Post Yervoy scan result questions

Participant

I am stage IV…..mets in lung and liver. I had 3 infusions of Yervoy….had to forego the 4th because of colitis. I was thrilled when my first scans following the 3 infusions showed marked shrinking of the nodules in the lungs and the total resolving of a couple lung nodules. There was also an indication that several liver nodules were diminishing. There was no sign of new metastasis.  3 months later I was scanned again. There was no additional disease, but also no further diminishing……classified as stable.  Is it probable that I have received whatever benefit from Yervoy that I am going to receive?  Or is it possible that the Yervoy may yet continue to work to destroy more nodules? I of course had hoped to see less disease the second scan…naturally had hoped for NED….but I would like to hear from anyone who could shed some light as to whether I could expect further improvement after being stable last time.   I am grateful for stability, but as you all know, disappearing disease is what we all hope and pray for. Is it most likely that the Yervoy has done what it is going to do? I have scans again next month, and I am nervous and wondering. Thank you for your input….and bless each of you on this road with me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mat
        Participant

Nell, I've asked my onc, and she confirmed, that it is possible to see ipi-induced stability without getting to NED.  Sort of like a stalemate between your immune system and melanoma.  PS-the prevailing view is that prednisone does not inhibit ipi's effect on melanoma.  There is a paper on this by Wolchok as a co-author.

Sheepsandcows
            Participant

Is there any other alternative to prednisone? I wonder about the side effects it has on mood.

Thank you

Sheepsandcows
              Participant

Is there any other alternative to prednisone? I wonder about the side effects it has on mood.

Thank you

Sheepsandcows
                Participant

Thank you

Mat
                Participant

Nell, I've asked my onc, and she confirmed, that it is possible to see ipi-induced stability without getting to NED.  Sort of like a stalemate between your immune system and melanoma.  PS-the prevailing view is that prednisone does not inhibit ipi's effect on melanoma.  There is a paper on this by Wolchok as a co-author.

Mat
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics