The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Positive report

Forums General Melanoma Community Positive report

Participant
      Hi everyone,

I had my two appointments today, and they both went well.

I was apprehensive about driving into NYC on 9/11 and happy to be back home. I pray the day continues without incident.

Saw Dr. Halpern at Sloan; the stuff he froze off was just skin tags and some follicle-type thingys.

Then proceeded to Dr. Pavlick at NYU. My labs are all good. (I remembered to drink a lot of water, kidneys, et al are fine. They are reducing Decadron from 12 to 8 mg./day, and I’m to call to see how I’m feeling on Friday. They looked inside my ear, for the first time since Zel stopped working, around May, they can see all the way to ear canal. There is still some Mel left down at the bottom of canal, but at least the head/neck surgeon isn’t talking about cutting it off, and my hearing is at least 90% improved. I am finally allowed to go by railroad to take care of some personal stuff tomorrow, looking forward to that. Still no driving, next MRI is scheduled for 9/30, hopefully will be cleared by then.

That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it!

Take care,
      Karen

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

That sounds like a fantastic report!!!  Congrats Karen.  Hope you have many more of those type reports.

Brian

BrianP
          Participant

That sounds like a fantastic report!!!  Congrats Karen.  Hope you have many more of those type reports.

Brian

Tina D
              Participant

Sounds great!!

Tina

Tina D
                Participant

Sounds great!!

Tina

Tina D
                  Participant

Sounds great!!

Tina

BrianP
                  Participant

Brian

Richard_K
                    Participant
                      Great update Karen.
                      Richard_K
                      Participant
                        Great update Karen.
                        Richard_K
                        Participant
                          Great update Karen.
                          Brendan
                          Participant

Great news, Karen.  Enjoy your freedom tomorrow!

Brendan

Brendan
                            Participant

Brendan

Brendan
                              Participant

Brendan

JerryfromFauq
                                Participant

Stick to that story.  AND to that Progress route!

JerryfromFauq
                                  Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                    Participant

JoshF
                                      Participant

Karen-

Sounds like great progress and wishing you continued progress!!!! I pray that the days to come are wothout incident :).

Josh

JoshF
                                        Participant

Karen-

Sounds like great progress and wishing you continued progress!!!! I pray that the days to come are wothout incident :).

Josh

JoshF
                                          Participant

Karen-

Josh

aldakota22
                                            Participant

Way to go.Maybe you are turning the corner here.Your updates are more positive now.Go do your personal stuff with a big smile on your face.Beat the Beast.    Al

aldakota22
                                              Participant

Way to go.Maybe you are turning the corner here.Your updates are more positive now.Go do your personal stuff with a big smile on your face.Beat the Beast.    Al

NYKaren
                                                  Participant
                                                    Thanks, Al, I certainly feel a lot more upbeat.
                                                    I finally sent an email to Dr. Wolcho updating him on everything. His nurse practitioner called me this morning, you could hear in her voice just how happy she was.
                                                    It’s amazing how much treatments have changed since I discovered the beast 2 years ago.
                                                    Thanks also for your encouraging words about Dr. Pavlick and NYU. I think she’s just great!

Take care,
                                                    Karen

NYKaren
                                                    Participant
                                                      I finally sent an email to Dr. Wolcho updating him on everything. His nurse practitioner called me this morning, you could hear in her voice just how happy she was.
                                                      It’s amazing how much treatments have changed since I discovered the beast 2 years ago.
                                                      Thanks also for your encouraging words about Dr. Pavlick and NYU. I think she’s just great!

Take care,
                                                      Karen

NYKaren
                                                      Participant

Take care,
                                                        Karen

aldakota22
                                                      Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics