The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Please help

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Please help

Participant
      Please give insight. This is a bit confusing, but hang with me. Approximately 16 months ago, I developed a mole that was itchy on my left knee. I immediately became anxious about it and used topical iodine and removed (almost all of )it myself. Before it was completely gone, I realized this was not a good idea, and went to the dermatologist, who said what was left of it looked like a sebboreic keratosis and she froze the rest of it off. Immediately following that, I started developing pain in that leg. I was very anxious about it and eventually had the area where it was removed re-biopsied 3 times, all of which just said “scar” as the results. Ever since then, I have been very anxious about melanoma. 4 months after that (in Nov 2018), I noticed a small little bump (tiny, like maybe a tiny bit larger than a pin point) on my forearm, like under the skin but at the area of the bone. I can kind of move it around. I was very anxious about it and had an ultrasound of it in Feb of 2019 which said they could not see any mass. Then, in July of 2019 I had a CT of my abdomen and pelvis done to see if there were any swollen lymph nodes in my groin, which there were no swollen lymph nodes in groin or abdomen. That provided me with some reassurance. But now the little nub on my forearm is starting to bother me…meaning there is some pain there once in a while. I have had 3 doctors check out the little bump and none of them are concerned. Anyway, what are the chances that this bump is metastatic melanoma, if none of the lymph nodes in my groin looked suspicious of any kind of metastatic melanoma? Also, it has not seemed to grow at all in over a year. Please give your (kind) feedback. I realize this whole process was not a good way to go about it. I was anxious and pregnant at the time. Obviously, I am still anxious about this. Thank you.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        marta010
        Participant
          Hi – no one on this board can tell you if this is melanoma. Seems the only way to relieve your concern is to insist that a derm biopsy the bump. Wishing you peace of mind.

Ann

gregor913
            Participant
              I was a nervous wreck too. It’s ok to feel like that but try to get some help. I was given some meds to calm my anxiety. Listen you your doctors and if your passionate get it biopsy.
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics