The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pimple next to WLE scar

Forums General Melanoma Community Pimple next to WLE scar

Participant

Hello,

I had Melanoma in situ in Nov 2016. WLE and clear margins. I still get acne sometimes on my body and face. A pimple showed up about 0.5 cm near the scar. It showed up overnight. And it looks like it's healing now. It has been few days. How do I tell reocurence? Or satellite mets etc? Thanks 

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

Would look similar to what your primary mole looked like and would not go away. You had an in situ, so you wouldn't get satellites. Recurrences are unlikely with in situ.

jennunicorn
          Participant

Would look similar to what your primary mole looked like and would not go away. You had an in situ, so you wouldn't get satellites. Recurrences are unlikely with in situ.

jennunicorn
            Participant

UBContributor
              Participant

Nah… M can not show up overnight, most likely just a acne pimp  

Sophietx
                  Participant

Thank you!

Sophietx
                    Participant

Thank you!

Sophietx
                      Participant

Thank you!

UBContributor
                      Participant

UBContributor
                        Participant

Janner
                          Participant

You look for the most likely explanation first, and acne trumps melanoma.  Then, you give it time to heal.  My derm says 6 weeks – I shorten that depending on my level of anxiety.  So you give something a chance to heal on it's own.  If it were a pimple, then 7-10 days would be reasonable even for a cystic type.  If things don't heal in that time, or continue to get worse – then you get it checked out.  At least, this is what I do and I've been at this for almost 25 years now.

Sophietx
                              Participant

Thank you! It looks like it's healing. I will keep an eye on it.

Sophietx
                                Participant

Sophietx
                                  Participant

Janner
                                  Participant

You look for the most likely explanation first, and acne trumps melanoma.  Then, you give it time to heal.  My derm says 6 weeks – I shorten that depending on my level of anxiety.  So you give something a chance to heal on it's own.  If it were a pimple, then 7-10 days would be reasonable even for a cystic type.  If things don't heal in that time, or continue to get worse – then you get it checked out.  At least, this is what I do and I've been at this for almost 25 years now.

Janner
                                    Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics