The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pictures

Forums General Melanoma Community Pictures

Participant

So it has been 7 years NED for me this summer. 

What is indicative of this length of time without a reoccurrence is the amount of pictures people want to take of me with them.

So it has been 7 years NED for me this summer. 

What is indicative of this length of time without a reoccurrence is the amount of pictures people want to take of me with them.

When I progressed to Stage IIIb, friends and family were coming for miles, each one of them carrying their camera.  "Get in the middle of us, and we can take a real nice pic." they would say with big smiles and twitchy eyes.  I must have been in 100 different pics.  It was an odd feeling because I could just imagine someone saying "And this is the last pic. of Billie… so sad"  Ha..I spit on their cameras as I hope we all get to do the same.  And did I forget the one soul who sent me flowers after she found out the Melanoma had spread.  For real?  Flowers.. to a guy??? WTF.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has been a witness to this unusual phenomena.

yoop

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Well, there was that one time I transfused a dog that had been kicked in the spleen in NYC, and both of it's dads were thrilled……

Bonnie Lea
            Participant

who donates blood for a doggie?  not their dads I hope.

Bonnie Lea
              Participant

who donates blood for a doggie?  not their dads I hope.

jag
              Participant

Well, there was that one time I transfused a dog that had been kicked in the spleen in NYC, and both of it's dads were thrilled……

Bonnie Lea
                Participant

No, in fact it was the opposite for me.  Friends (aquaintances) just dropped off my radar. One neighbour in fact was terrified (she goes to tanning salons)  but it has not stopped her nor her dotters.

It was her mother who lost her husband to brain cancer, to actually put this womans hand on my chest and said  FEEL  (after mastectomy)  see it is not creepy or crawy it is BONNIE.  as for her melanoma, she is still beautiful!  (course the muther was into the wine) but other friends don't even respond to FB and I have half a mind to de friend them but then where would I get my jollies,  on hmmmm she has put on weight!

Only family want pictures of me to the point that I hate it  But want any grandchildren and any future generations to see their OLD gramma hahah

Mr. Yoop I am glad there are loads of pictures out there  they may  one day not know your name, but they will calll you Mr. Mel man.

now toeless wonder!

Signed boobless wonder (Bonnie)

soon to be one kidney Bonnie (I guess)

Bonnie Lea
                  Participant

No, in fact it was the opposite for me.  Friends (aquaintances) just dropped off my radar. One neighbour in fact was terrified (she goes to tanning salons)  but it has not stopped her nor her dotters.

It was her mother who lost her husband to brain cancer, to actually put this womans hand on my chest and said  FEEL  (after mastectomy)  see it is not creepy or crawy it is BONNIE.  as for her melanoma, she is still beautiful!  (course the muther was into the wine) but other friends don't even respond to FB and I have half a mind to de friend them but then where would I get my jollies,  on hmmmm she has put on weight!

Only family want pictures of me to the point that I hate it  But want any grandchildren and any future generations to see their OLD gramma hahah

Mr. Yoop I am glad there are loads of pictures out there  they may  one day not know your name, but they will calll you Mr. Mel man.

now toeless wonder!

Signed boobless wonder (Bonnie)

soon to be one kidney Bonnie (I guess)

jag
                    Participant
                      Yoop, the topic of this post is pictures. There i was opening this thing expecting to see closeups of your grisly toe. Instead, there is a story about a guy getting flowers. I have to say it was a bit disappointing. This place needs more blood and guts.
                        yoop
                        Participant

Okay John,

This is my virgin attempt at posting pictures…

WARNING;  GRAPHIC PICTURES OF A GROSS TOE THAT IS SET TO WALK THE GREEN MILE. 

http://www2.snapfish.com/comcast/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=3974396023/a=3523125023_3523125023/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=COMCAST/ 

yoop
                          Participant

Okay John,

This is my virgin attempt at posting pictures…

WARNING;  GRAPHIC PICTURES OF A GROSS TOE THAT IS SET TO WALK THE GREEN MILE. 

http://www2.snapfish.com/comcast/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=3974396023/a=3523125023_3523125023/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=COMCAST/ 

Bonnie Lea
                            Participant

again I am not John, but I am me!  

Oh Yoop  your pooooor pinkie.  I see the first one, when it ballooned up and began to darken.  Was it almost gangrenish?  After the amp. it is not gross at all.  I have had worse on meself!  But I bet yours was way more painful!

The stitches look neat!   are you going to follow Rox's link for a phoney toe?  I did not request phoney anytings.   Well,  maybe my earlid is no its me…just from my ear, minus lashes.

six weeks of eye sewn shut!  and Theatre tickets for Phantom of Opera.  (I still went) and hopefully grossed out a few of snotty rich dressed diva's.

Hope you are doing MOOCHO better now.

Bonnie

yoop
                              Participant

Good Morning Bonnie,

Nope, gangrenish, just tomatoish.  I guess on the gross scale to us not so bad, others seem to feel different for some reason, especially the chitlins.  My 8 yr. old dotter started a 'disturbing memory wall' in her bedroom after the toe amputation.  She has two pictures up that she drew.  The first one is of my foot, less the pinky toe and some nice stitches for effect.  The second one is from an experience she had in the womens locker room after swim practice.

She told me she was on her way to her locker when she turned the corner and, one sitting and one standing in front of it were two old chubby ladies….. very nakked.  She said she stopped so quickly she slipped on the floor and fell.  Regained her composure and couldn't help but check out the seniors.  It's not very often where my eight year old is at a loss for words.  Adjectives like sagging, bulging and the like came out of her little mouth.

Her picture was quite funny and I think depict her traumatizing event well.  She did put a disclaimer on it to explain that it wasn't exactly like she saw it because she just couldn't draw the old ladies boobs so had to put bra's on them.

I did check out the links for Rox's prosthetics but just am having a hard time deciding.

Seems to me there once was a doll…. Raggedy Andy/Ann that had stitches and such on it.  I sure wouldn't want to tell about every 'scar story', probably take half a day.

Bonnie, you continue to amaze me, very much like the Energizer Bunny you are.  Didja have a patch on the eye when you went to the Opera?

I sure hope you are doing well and thanks for the well wishes, I'm doing good but not quite running like Forrest Gump yet.

And where the hell is JAG?  I spend an hour trying to post nasty he was looking forward to and nada???  Where's da luv' buddy?

yoop

jag
                                Participant

Yoop, that was a very well done surgery.  I bet after a month or 2 no one will even notice.  Keep all of your flip flops and sandals, forget about the prosthesis.  I was expecting to see something akin to a giant corn, but that there is pure toe surgery talent.  

jag
                                  Participant

Yoop, that was a very well done surgery.  I bet after a month or 2 no one will even notice.  Keep all of your flip flops and sandals, forget about the prosthesis.  I was expecting to see something akin to a giant corn, but that there is pure toe surgery talent.  

yoop
                                    Participant

Good Morning Bonnie,

Nope, gangrenish, just tomatoish.  I guess on the gross scale to us not so bad, others seem to feel different for some reason, especially the chitlins.  My 8 yr. old dotter started a 'disturbing memory wall' in her bedroom after the toe amputation.  She has two pictures up that she drew.  The first one is of my foot, less the pinky toe and some nice stitches for effect.  The second one is from an experience she had in the womens locker room after swim practice.

She told me she was on her way to her locker when she turned the corner and, one sitting and one standing in front of it were two old chubby ladies….. very nakked.  She said she stopped so quickly she slipped on the floor and fell.  Regained her composure and couldn't help but check out the seniors.  It's not very often where my eight year old is at a loss for words.  Adjectives like sagging, bulging and the like came out of her little mouth.

Her picture was quite funny and I think depict her traumatizing event well.  She did put a disclaimer on it to explain that it wasn't exactly like she saw it because she just couldn't draw the old ladies boobs so had to put bra's on them.

I did check out the links for Rox's prosthetics but just am having a hard time deciding.

Seems to me there once was a doll…. Raggedy Andy/Ann that had stitches and such on it.  I sure wouldn't want to tell about every 'scar story', probably take half a day.

Bonnie, you continue to amaze me, very much like the Energizer Bunny you are.  Didja have a patch on the eye when you went to the Opera?

I sure hope you are doing well and thanks for the well wishes, I'm doing good but not quite running like Forrest Gump yet.

And where the hell is JAG?  I spend an hour trying to post nasty he was looking forward to and nada???  Where's da luv' buddy?

yoop

Bonnie Lea
                                      Participant

again I am not John, but I am me!  

Oh Yoop  your pooooor pinkie.  I see the first one, when it ballooned up and began to darken.  Was it almost gangrenish?  After the amp. it is not gross at all.  I have had worse on meself!  But I bet yours was way more painful!

The stitches look neat!   are you going to follow Rox's link for a phoney toe?  I did not request phoney anytings.   Well,  maybe my earlid is no its me…just from my ear, minus lashes.

six weeks of eye sewn shut!  and Theatre tickets for Phantom of Opera.  (I still went) and hopefully grossed out a few of snotty rich dressed diva's.

Hope you are doing MOOCHO better now.

Bonnie

jag
                                      Participant
                                        Yoop, the topic of this post is pictures. There i was opening this thing expecting to see closeups of your grisly toe. Instead, there is a story about a guy getting flowers. I have to say it was a bit disappointing. This place needs more blood and guts.
                                    Viewing 5 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics