The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pete is in hospice care at home

Forums General Melanoma Community Pete is in hospice care at home

Participant

Hi

I just wanted to update you that my husband, Pete, is receiving "hospice at home" care and that there is no longer any hope for treating his cancer.  It has spread through his cerebrospinal fluid and he has tumours everywhere.  He is currently on a pain pump and has ports to receive his other medications.  We have much support from our palliative care community at home and he is currently not in pain, although he sleeps the vast majority of the day.  We did everything we could to try to combat this beast, but it just wasn't possible.  At this point, I am praying for a merciful, quick passing for him.  He is paralysed from the waist down due to spinal tumours and I am hoping that he passes before the upper spine tumours cause him more complete immobilization.  Thankfully, he is quite lucid when he is awake, so we are able to communicate with him in a meaningful way. 

Yasmin

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Holding you both in my heart, Yasmin.  You have been amazing.  Much love, c

Bubbles
          Participant

Bubbles
            Participant

casagrayson
              Participant

Bless your heart, Yasmin.  He fought it hard, and you were right there beside him.  I hope that all of you find peace in the coming days.

casagrayson
                Participant

Bless your heart, Yasmin.  He fought it hard, and you were right there beside him.  I hope that all of you find peace in the coming days.

casagrayson
                  Participant

ncdaniel
                    Participant

Went through the same experience 9 months ago with my wife at home with hospice help. Best thing I could ever do for her and family was to have her home. I know how difficult this is and will certainly be praying for you and your husband. 

ncdaniel
                      Participant

Went through the same experience 9 months ago with my wife at home with hospice help. Best thing I could ever do for her and family was to have her home. I know how difficult this is and will certainly be praying for you and your husband. 

ncdaniel
                        Participant

jbronicki
                          Participant

So very sorry to hear this. but will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers in the days to come.  My best to you all.

jbronicki
                            Participant

So very sorry to hear this. but will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers in the days to come.  My best to you all.

jbronicki
                              Participant

JoshF
                                Participant

Always at a loss for words when I hear this. Praying for peace & comfort for you all.

Josh

JoshF
                                  Participant

Always at a loss for words when I hear this. Praying for peace & comfort for you all.

Josh

JoshF
                                    Participant

Josh

BrianP
                                      Participant

So sorry to hear this Yasmin.  Prayers for Pete, you, and your loved ones.  You two have fought so valiantly together. 

Brian

BrianP
                                        Participant

So sorry to hear this Yasmin.  Prayers for Pete, you, and your loved ones.  You two have fought so valiantly together. 

Brian

BrianP
                                          Participant

Brian

arthurjedi007
                                            Participant

I don't know what to say. Stupid awful disease ๐Ÿ™

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                              Participant

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                Participant

Artie

s wife
                                                  Participant

I am so sad to hear this…

i lost my husband to melanoma 8 months ago. I just want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers…

susannah

s wife
                                                    Participant

i lost my husband to melanoma 8 months ago. I just want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers…

susannah

s wife
                                                      Participant

susannah

SABKLYN
                                                        Participant

So difficult.  Prayers for you and your family

SABKLYN
                                                          Participant

SABKLYN
                                                            Participant

_Paul_
                                                              Participant

I'm really sad to hear this Yasmin. I am praying for both of you. I know it's not very much consolation, but it is good to hear that he is not in pain.

– Paul.

_Paul_
                                                                Participant

I'm really sad to hear this Yasmin. I am praying for both of you. I know it's not very much consolation, but it is good to hear that he is not in pain.

– Paul.

_Paul_
                                                                  Participant

– Paul.

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics