The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PET SCANS and a cold

Forums General Melanoma Community PET SCANS and a cold

Participant

Can you still get a PET Scan with you have a head cold?

Someone told me that with a cold, your lymph nodes in your neck can get inlarged whitch will  show

activity in the Scan. 

TRUE or FALSE

Thanks All for your help

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Raco
        Participant

DONT KNOW WHY IS SHOWS ANONYMOUS 

Sorry this is RACO

Toby0987
            Participant

My doc said ok as long as cold not in lungs, but he added-pet scans suck enough when you are healthy just wait till your healthy to get it

Raco
            Participant

Just got off phone with PET Scan Peeps and was told that  if I just had a cold, ie clear stuff and it was not in my chest / lungs I was good to go.

So I plan on keeping my appointment tomorrow 9/26/18 at 10:30 am

Take Care

Robbie ( RACO)

kandx
                Participant

Thanks for posting this update – good to know. I was wondering the same earlier this week for my own PET/CT scheduled for tomorrow as well.

-Kelly

Raco
                  Participant

Every thing went as expected. Nose still stuffy but  sugar ok, got IV with Tracer drank the yuck drink waited 45 min than had my scan. ill get results next week at my 14 infusion Opdivo

Raco
                    Participant

got my PET Scan back and the cold is ""Bilateral maxillary sinusitis""

also The study overall is stable in appearance. No definitive malignant FDG uptake is demonstrated. Stable most likely benign lymph nodes are again seen within the chest and abdomen

also Mild diverticulosis

So what do you think??

Viewing 1 reply thread
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics