The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PET scan was clear

Forums General Melanoma Community PET scan was clear

Participant

So my husband was recently diagnosed stage IIc, did surgery and had his PET scan yesterday.  Found out today that the PET scan was clear!  I was so worried that something would show up.  It seems that melanoma never really goes away, but this is such good news for us.  He is going to attempt the year of interferon treatments and we'll go on from there.  I just wanted to share my excitement and thank people for their support on this board. 

Akilyn

So my husband was recently diagnosed stage IIc, did surgery and had his PET scan yesterday.  Found out today that the PET scan was clear!  I was so worried that something would show up.  It seems that melanoma never really goes away, but this is such good news for us.  He is going to attempt the year of interferon treatments and we'll go on from there.  I just wanted to share my excitement and thank people for their support on this board. 

Akilyn

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jaime.30
        Participant

Yay….so very happy to hear this news!!  I am so happy for you and your husband! The tip that my husband always gives with the Interferon is to stay hydrated.  He drank as much as he possibly could hold and it help him at least with the fatigue and some of the aches.  He mainly had a lot of joint pain and he did have quite a bit of throwing up…but out of a lot of people we have met…he was one of the only ones who had the throwing up issue. Jaime

Jaime.30
          Participant

Yay….so very happy to hear this news!!  I am so happy for you and your husband! The tip that my husband always gives with the Interferon is to stay hydrated.  He drank as much as he possibly could hold and it help him at least with the fatigue and some of the aches.  He mainly had a lot of joint pain and he did have quite a bit of throwing up…but out of a lot of people we have met…he was one of the only ones who had the throwing up issue. Jaime

EmilyandMike
            Participant

Great news! Scan time is absolute torture and I am so happy for you.   I sent you a message via the boards but I am not sure if you got it.  We are also in the Bay Area and I want to reach out to another "melanoma wife"….

Emily

wife of Mike, stage 3a, 12+ mos NED

http://www.emandmichael.com

bluepeople
                Participant

Hi,

I didn't get a message but I did check out your blog and it's great to hear that your husband is doing well.  I would be very interested in getting more involved in getting the word out about melanoma, especially since it's now struck my family twice!  Any info you could send my way on things I could do would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Akilyn

bluepeople
                  Participant

Hi,

I didn't get a message but I did check out your blog and it's great to hear that your husband is doing well.  I would be very interested in getting more involved in getting the word out about melanoma, especially since it's now struck my family twice!  Any info you could send my way on things I could do would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Akilyn

EmilyandMike
                  Participant

Great news! Scan time is absolute torture and I am so happy for you.   I sent you a message via the boards but I am not sure if you got it.  We are also in the Bay Area and I want to reach out to another "melanoma wife"….

Emily

wife of Mike, stage 3a, 12+ mos NED

http://www.emandmichael.com

Becky
                    Participant

Great news! My son opted to get the high dose  infusions as late in the day as possible, around 4..that way he would go home, try to eat before he started to feel sick and then be able to sleep through the worst of it. He had high fevers the first few days, but after that it was all pretty predicable and the month went by quickly (he may disagree with that)

Good luck to you and hubby!

Becky
                      Participant

Great news! My son opted to get the high dose  infusions as late in the day as possible, around 4..that way he would go home, try to eat before he started to feel sick and then be able to sleep through the worst of it. He had high fevers the first few days, but after that it was all pretty predicable and the month went by quickly (he may disagree with that)

Good luck to you and hubby!

himynameiskevin
                        Participant

That's great news. Congratulations. 🙂

himynameiskevin
                          Participant

That's great news. Congratulations. 🙂

Mary M
                            Participant

I am so happy to hear your husband's pet scan was clear. That is wonderful news!! I'll be thinking of him when he starts the Interferon in November.  Make sure you both take care of yourselves – it's a stressful job to be someone's advocate.  Take time for yourself.  Learn all the information you can and if you don't like or understand an answer a Doctor has given you, ask again and again until you understand it. 

Mary M
                              Participant

I am so happy to hear your husband's pet scan was clear. That is wonderful news!! I'll be thinking of him when he starts the Interferon in November.  Make sure you both take care of yourselves – it's a stressful job to be someone's advocate.  Take time for yourself.  Learn all the information you can and if you don't like or understand an answer a Doctor has given you, ask again and again until you understand it. 

Mary M
                                Participant

Mary M
                                  Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics