The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PET Scan result: NADA!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community PET Scan result: NADA!!!

Participant

Hi everyone,

I just got off the phone with Dr. Weber. He said nothing showed up on the PET Scan! He has no idea why something showed up in the small bowel during the CT Scan (a distended tubular structure filled with soft tissue density) while nothing showed up in the small bowel follow through or the PET Scan. Do you have any ideas?

Dr. Weber wants me to follow up with a consultation with Dr. Jonathan Zager who did my lymph node dissection. He just wants his opinion.

Hi everyone,

I just got off the phone with Dr. Weber. He said nothing showed up on the PET Scan! He has no idea why something showed up in the small bowel during the CT Scan (a distended tubular structure filled with soft tissue density) while nothing showed up in the small bowel follow through or the PET Scan. Do you have any ideas?

Dr. Weber wants me to follow up with a consultation with Dr. Jonathan Zager who did my lymph node dissection. He just wants his opinion.

As you can imagine I did the shout after getting off the phone and am doing the happy dance! Thanks to all for your support, prayers and kind thoughts.

Most of all Praise God!

God Bless,

Jim M.

Stage 3C

LND

Radiation

Ipilimumab 4 infusions + vaccines

NED 3 years, 4 months

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Whahoo!!!!!  Now that you have been off of that one medicine has the symptoms stopped?  It's great to hear that we can have oddities in our body that are just that, odd.

I'm just sorry that you had to go through the stress these past few weeks.

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Whahoo!!!!!  Now that you have been off of that one medicine has the symptoms stopped?  It's great to hear that we can have oddities in our body that are just that, odd.

I'm just sorry that you had to go through the stress these past few weeks.

Linda

King
            Participant

Jim,

I was thinking of you today.  You sure got the results fast….and yippee!!!  I'm so happy about this wonderful news.

Stay Strong
              King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
              Participant

Jim,

I was thinking of you today.  You sure got the results fast….and yippee!!!  I'm so happy about this wonderful news.

Stay Strong
                King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

MaryD
                Participant

Hooray!!!!   Way to go Jim!    A phone call like that is always such a relief to say the least.  I'm very happy for you – go out and enjoy!

Mary

MaryD
                  Participant

Hooray!!!!   Way to go Jim!    A phone call like that is always such a relief to say the least.  I'm very happy for you – go out and enjoy!

Mary

ValinMtl
                    Participant

Yippeeee!! Such good news.  I love dancing the happy dance.

By the way Jim, I just called Dr. Weber's office to see if I can have a consultation with him since I am down in Arcadia…waiting for scan results from Montreal.  Left groin is terribly swollen and sore and new sub-qs although ipi did a great job first round…things are running slowly in Montreal, I've been waiting 5 weeks for pet scan results and since Feb 22nd for CT to see if I can go back on ipi (for which, the protocol is not yet set-up!!).  Anyways, if it is not too costly for a consultation, I WOULD love to meet Dr. Weber and get some advice as to what trial he would recommend.  Val xx

ValinMtl
                      Participant

Yippeeee!! Such good news.  I love dancing the happy dance.

By the way Jim, I just called Dr. Weber's office to see if I can have a consultation with him since I am down in Arcadia…waiting for scan results from Montreal.  Left groin is terribly swollen and sore and new sub-qs although ipi did a great job first round…things are running slowly in Montreal, I've been waiting 5 weeks for pet scan results and since Feb 22nd for CT to see if I can go back on ipi (for which, the protocol is not yet set-up!!).  Anyways, if it is not too costly for a consultation, I WOULD love to meet Dr. Weber and get some advice as to what trial he would recommend.  Val xx

Sherron
                        Participant

Awesome News!   I am very happy for you!

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
                          Participant

Awesome News!   I am very happy for you!

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics