The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PET Frequency?

Forums General Melanoma Community PET Frequency?

Participant
      Would you please share your experiences and knowledge about PET Frequency during your life with Melanoma?
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        Edwin
        Participant
          I have received 15 PET scans since August 2014. Since being diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in August 2015, I have had a PET scan about every 4 months.
          marta010
          Participant
            My husband was diagnosed in March 2012 and has had quarterly PET scans since then.
            Ann
            HeidiZ
            Participant
              Stage IV February 2016. Had to stop treatment August 2017 after 4 ippi/nivo and 16 keytruda treatments because of too much inflammation. I’ve been getting Pet/ct scans every 6 months now. Next Pet scan scheduled for end of July. Fingers crossed.
              HeidiZ
              mandyjill
              Participant
                I was diagnosed with stage 3b melanoma in June 2017. The only PET scan I’ve had is right after I was diagnosed. But I have had a CAT scan every 3 months since then as part of the clinical trial I’m on.
                obtu.bt
                Participant
                  Thanks all of you for sharing information
                    lkb
                    Participant
                      Joining the quarterly chorus here.
                Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics