The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PET/CT Wednesday

Forums General Melanoma Community PET/CT Wednesday

Participant

Hi,

So I met with my local oncologist and she scheduled the PET scan for this Wednesday. She wasn't too concerned that I just became anemic within the last 30 days which I see as a huge red flag just in general. The fact that I've never been anemic and now all of a sudden I'm anemic with all these other issues. Anyway, only 1 more day of waiting to get scanned and then a couple more days of waiting for results. Send some happy thoughts please!

Isabell

Hi,

So I met with my local oncologist and she scheduled the PET scan for this Wednesday. She wasn't too concerned that I just became anemic within the last 30 days which I see as a huge red flag just in general. The fact that I've never been anemic and now all of a sudden I'm anemic with all these other issues. Anyway, only 1 more day of waiting to get scanned and then a couple more days of waiting for results. Send some happy thoughts please!

Isabell

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Thoughts and prayers coming your way Isabell.

BrianP
          Participant

BrianP
            Participant

Everymoment
              Participant

Thank you:-) I'm sending positive vibes to myself also! Ha ha! 

hbecker
                Participant

Isabell, those good vibes you send yourself are probably the most important ones!! But I'll send you a whole lot too.

Best —

Hazel

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

Your anemia didn't sound too bad.  I think you said in chat that your Hemocrit was a little low and something else a little low, but that the RBC and Hemoglobin counts were within normal range (wish mine were!). My Hemoglobin dropped to 7.5 suddenly last year and the RBC dropped below 2.0 and the WBC also dropped very low.  (A hemoglobin of 8 or lower is criteria for a RBC transfusion.)  I read that chicken livers have more iron than calves liver per unit weight, so have I have been eating a couple a day to try to keep my counts up. My chemo is known for causing low counts and chronic fatigue.  I hate being out of energy most of the time.  Hopefully you are not too symtomatic in this area.  At least I don't have young kids to have to run after.  (Wish more of my grandkids were closer!)

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

Your anemia didn't sound too bad.  I think you said in chat that your Hemocrit was a little low and something else a little low, but that the RBC and Hemoglobin counts were within normal range (wish mine were!). My Hemoglobin dropped to 7.5 suddenly last year and the RBC dropped below 2.0 and the WBC also dropped very low.  (A hemoglobin of 8 or lower is criteria for a RBC transfusion.)  I read that chicken livers have more iron than calves liver per unit weight, so have I have been eating a couple a day to try to keep my counts up. My chemo is known for causing low counts and chronic fatigue.  I hate being out of energy most of the time.  Hopefully you are not too symtomatic in this area.  At least I don't have young kids to have to run after.  (Wish more of my grandkids were closer!)

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

DEK
                        Participant

Day at a time Isabell

Enjoy NOW .it will  not effect tomorrow

I Send all positive thoughts from the UK

To you x

Everymoment
                          Participant

I'm starting to wonder if the 40+ tubes of blood they have taken from me over the past month has something to do with why I'm slightly anemic. It makes you wonder! Today my energy is good but I nervous about tomorrow. Not nervous to do it but nervous to get the results. 

Everymoment
                            Participant

Thank you for the good thoughts Hazel:-) 

Everymoment
                              Participant

Thank you for thoughts from the UK:-) 

Everymoment
                                  Participant

Everymoment
                                    Participant

Everymoment
                                    Participant

I think my nerves are shot today!!!!!!

casagrayson
                                      Participant

Hang in there!  heart

hbecker
                                        Participant

Isabell, those good vibes you send yourself are probably the most important ones!! But I'll send you a whole lot too.

Best —

Hazel

hbecker
                                          Participant

Best —

Hazel

DEK
                                            Participant

Day at a time Isabell

To you x

DEK
                                              Participant

Day at a time Isabell

To you x

Everymoment
                                                Participant

Everymoment
                                                  Participant

Everymoment
                                                    Participant

I'm starting to wonder if the 40+ tubes of blood they have taken from me over the past month has something to do with why I'm slightly anemic. It makes you wonder! Today my energy is good but I nervous about tomorrow. Not nervous to do it but nervous to get the results. 

Everymoment
                                                      Participant

Everymoment
                                                        Participant

Everymoment
                                                          Participant

Everymoment
                                                            Participant

Everymoment
                                                              Participant

casagrayson
                                                                Participant

Hang in there!  heart

casagrayson
                                                                  Participant

Hang in there!  heart

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics