The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PET/CT Scan tomorrow

Forums General Melanoma Community PET/CT Scan tomorrow

Participant

Ok fellow Melanoma Warriors … I have my 3 month follow up scan tomorrow.  Had CT scan in November when an indeterminate 4 mm left lower lung pulmonary nodule was seen.  Diagnosed Stage 3a April 2016 ~ completed 4 doses of ipi at 3 mg and did 1 maintenance dose (will continue maintenance doses for a year).  Please keep me in your thoughts, send good vibes, prayers, do a dance ~ whatever it takes to make sure this hasn't grown or multiplied!! 

Peace and Good!
      Laura

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        jenny22
        Participant

Hi LAura-

Sending lots of good thoughts your way….o know how you feel…..my scans are coming up on 2/21…..very anxious and hoping to stay at 3B…..

Wishing you all the best for stable and CLEAR scans.

let us know  the results.

jenny

jenny22
          Participant

Hi LAura-

Sending lots of good thoughts your way….o know how you feel…..my scans are coming up on 2/21…..very anxious and hoping to stay at 3B…..

jenny

laulamb
              Participant

Thank you Jenny!  Wishing you stable and clear also!! 

laulamb
                Participant

laulamb
                  Participant

jenny22
                  Participant

Hi LAura-

jenny

AvaL
                    Participant

Laura I am keeping absolutely everything possible crossed for you that it is something completely harmless. What a wait for you though…. awful! Thinking of you lots x

laulamb
                        Participant

Thank you!  I so appreciate it!  Yes it has been awful!!  What a roller coaster and mind playing disease!  At first I had some depression but I pulled myself out of it and carried on with life the last couple of months.   Anxiety has been elevated this week!  Trying not to worry too much, I can't change the scans, I need to just deal and move on.  

laulamb
                          Participant

Thank you!  I so appreciate it!  Yes it has been awful!!  What a roller coaster and mind playing disease!  At first I had some depression but I pulled myself out of it and carried on with life the last couple of months.   Anxiety has been elevated this week!  Trying not to worry too much, I can't change the scans, I need to just deal and move on.  

AvaL
                            Participant

Yes, this disease is just hideous isn't it and I totally agree – one of he biggest parts of it is managing the anxiety that goes along with it and not cracking up!… and I'm only the wife! Paul (my hubby) is stage 3a also, diagnosed in August. You sound like you are managing with all this really well, despite being naturally nervous waiting (god waiting is terrible!). To pull yourself out of depression is no mean feat! I'll be thinking of you tomo X

AvaL
                              Participant

Yes, this disease is just hideous isn't it and I totally agree – one of he biggest parts of it is managing the anxiety that goes along with it and not cracking up!… and I'm only the wife! Paul (my hubby) is stage 3a also, diagnosed in August. You sound like you are managing with all this really well, despite being naturally nervous waiting (god waiting is terrible!). To pull yourself out of depression is no mean feat! I'll be thinking of you tomo X

AvaL
                                Participant

laulamb
                                  Participant

AvaL
                                  Participant

Laura I am keeping absolutely everything possible crossed for you that it is something completely harmless. What a wait for you though…. awful! Thinking of you lots x

AvaL
                                    Participant

Rocco
                                      Participant

Good vibes and prayers heading your way!!

Rocco
                                        Participant

Rocco
                                          Participant

youngann
                                            Participant

Good luck tomorrow, Laura, I know how you feel as I had my follow-up scans today.  I see Dr Schuchter next week and I'm hoping to hear that my five pulmonary nodules have disappeared ๐Ÿ™‚

Ann

youngann
                                              Participant

Good luck tomorrow, Laura, I know how you feel as I had my follow-up scans today.  I see Dr Schuchter next week and I'm hoping to hear that my five pulmonary nodules have disappeared ๐Ÿ™‚

Ann

youngann
                                                Participant

Ann

SABKLYN
                                                  Participant

Best wishes, thoughts and prayers!!

SABKLYN
                                                    Participant

SABKLYN
                                                      Participant

BrianP
                                                        Participant

Prayers coming your way Laura.  I'm not going to pray that it hasn't grown or multiplied.  I'm going to pray that it is gone! 

BrianP
                                                          Participant

Prayers coming your way Laura.  I'm not going to pray that it hasn't grown or multiplied.  I'm going to pray that it is gone! 

BrianP
                                                            Participant

Mark_DC
                                                              Participant

Good luck Laura, will pray and hope goes well

Mark

Mark_DC
                                                                Participant

Mark

Mark_DC
                                                                  Participant

Mark

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics