The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PET/CT results 1yr. from start of HD IL-2

Forums General Melanoma Community PET/CT results 1yr. from start of HD IL-2

Participant

Today is 2 days shy from 1yr.

Today is 2 days shy from 1yr. ago beginning 2 courses of HD IL2.  I had a PET/CT and the results were amazing.  No signs of disease in the lymph nodes, liver or bones.  One area did light up however, and that is the L5 area in the spine (I did have disease there previous).  Getting a lower spine MRI to determine exactly what is going on and we will go from there.  I have had some severe neuropothy in both hands and feet (to the point I could feel nothing up to my knees) and other parts of the body were pins and needle feeling also (lips, teeth, etc.) and the neurologist thought the pain in my right leg was from a pinched nerve.  After completing Solu-Medrol and tapered off Prednisone the neuropothy is under control except for the right leg area still having numbness.  This is all connected somehow so we will get it figured out! 

I almost made it into the 6% club!!!  I choose to believe I just might get there yet : ).  As bad as it was within the liver and the bones…this is crazy good news!  Gone, all gone but this one area.

Karin

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Ali
        Participant

Karin!  I have been wondering what your scans would look like.  That is very encouraging!  I will vote you in the 6% club if I can.  Keep us posted!

Ali

Ali
          Participant

Karin!  I have been wondering what your scans would look like.  That is very encouraging!  I will vote you in the 6% club if I can.  Keep us posted!

Ali

Karin L
              Participant

Oh good, you sound good Ali.  I thought about you every day last week and prayed you did that last torturous week well.   You are going to do well too, I feel it. 

Karin

Karin L
                Participant

Oh good, you sound good Ali.  I thought about you every day last week and prayed you did that last torturous week well.   You are going to do well too, I feel it. 

Karin

Karin L
                  Participant

Karin

Ali
                  Participant

Ali

Rebecca and Bob
                    Participant

Karin,

Wishing you luck on your results and that it is nothing, but remember if it is something then hopefully that will be the last of it.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                      Participant

Karin,

Wishing you luck on your results and that it is nothing, but remember if it is something then hopefully that will be the last of it.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                        Participant

Karin,

Rebecca

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

re thy planning on dooing the standard third round (wweeks 5 & 6) of the IL-2?  The 3rd round was what knocked out DebbieVa's last tumors FIVE years ago.  (She's still NED.)  She had to change oncologists to get the third roundd administered, but it did the jjb.

JerryfromFauq
                            Participant

re thy planning on dooing the standard third round (wweeks 5 & 6) of the IL-2?  The 3rd round was what knocked out DebbieVa's last tumors FIVE years ago.  (She's still NED.)  She had to change oncologists to get the third roundd administered, but it did the jjb.

JerryfromFauq
                              Participant

Karin L
                                  Participant

Jerry…no talk yet as to what we are going to do.  Wait to see what the MRI shows.  Dr. did say he was going to consult with his collegues (tumor board?)  after the results.  I would do the IL2, and I believe if I wanted to do it my Dr. would be on board, but I am a tad shy from the long term side affects I have had since treatment.  It has kicked my immune system's tush!  Don't get me wrong…small prices to pay no doubt. 

What I don't get is…. how the IL2 has wiped out the lymph node tumors which were quite large, the numerous liver tumors and the numerous bone lesions and left just one?  I dunno. 

Karin

Karin L
                                    Participant

Jerry…no talk yet as to what we are going to do.  Wait to see what the MRI shows.  Dr. did say he was going to consult with his collegues (tumor board?)  after the results.  I would do the IL2, and I believe if I wanted to do it my Dr. would be on board, but I am a tad shy from the long term side affects I have had since treatment.  It has kicked my immune system's tush!  Don't get me wrong…small prices to pay no doubt. 

What I don't get is…. how the IL2 has wiped out the lymph node tumors which were quite large, the numerous liver tumors and the numerous bone lesions and left just one?  I dunno. 

Karin

JerryfromFauq
                                      Participant

There is always a chance the Temodar will work.  I know that for c-kit melanoma Dr Wen Jen Hwu has used the combination of Gleevec (a cytostatic) and Temodar (to ceate apoptois) with some success. 

I don't know if PD-1 targeted treatments are an option, but they seem to be doing good in many cases where they are an option.  The PD-1 trials I have seen want an HLA-02 which I don't have. (darn it!)

JerryfromFauq
                                        Participant

There is always a chance the Temodar will work.  I know that for c-kit melanoma Dr Wen Jen Hwu has used the combination of Gleevec (a cytostatic) and Temodar (to ceate apoptois) with some success. 

I don't know if PD-1 targeted treatments are an option, but they seem to be doing good in many cases where they are an option.  The PD-1 trials I have seen want an HLA-02 which I don't have. (darn it!)

JerryfromFauq
                                          Participant

Karin L
                                            Participant

Karin

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics