The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pediactric Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Pediactric Melanoma

Participant

My 8 year old was diagnosed in December of 2012 with stage 3B melanoma. Has anyone else experienced melanoma in children?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Carole K
        Participant

HI

I am so sorry you are going through this.  There were two people who posted here quite some time ago who had children with Melanoma.  I do know both children were diagnosed when they were 2 and are doing well.

One family started a non profit in Memphis near St. Jude's  It is called HABITAT FOR HOPE.  Their names are Mylissa and Mark Horrack.  There was another woman here named Claire.  I will see if I can get in touch with them.  Also, I just recently went to DC for Legislation Hill Day and met another woman who has a 9 year old with Melanoma. 

If there is any way I can help please know I am here for you.  Hang in there .  There are a lot of people here who can help you through this.. 

Love and Light

Carole K.

Carole K
          Participant

HI

I am so sorry you are going through this.  There were two people who posted here quite some time ago who had children with Melanoma.  I do know both children were diagnosed when they were 2 and are doing well.

One family started a non profit in Memphis near St. Jude's  It is called HABITAT FOR HOPE.  Their names are Mylissa and Mark Horrack.  There was another woman here named Claire.  I will see if I can get in touch with them.  Also, I just recently went to DC for Legislation Hill Day and met another woman who has a 9 year old with Melanoma. 

If there is any way I can help please know I am here for you.  Hang in there .  There are a lot of people here who can help you through this.. 

Love and Light

Carole K.

tschmith
              Participant

I'm a patient at NIH and know one melanoma patient there is a four year old child.  That's really all I know but I'm wondering if NIH has anything to offer you.  It could be worth looking into.  I cannot say enough about how great the doctors are at NIH.

Terrie

dnovak
                Participant

Brandy I sent you a PM.  There's a group of pediatric melanoma parents online that may be helpful for you.  You can also learn more through Danielle Adams at her site http://littlestwarriorspot.com/.

brandimhs
                  Participant

thanks so much.. i send you a friend request

brandimhs
                    Participant

brandimhs
                      Participant

camping_mama
                        Participant

Hi.  My 7 year old daughter was recently diagnosed with melanoma.  T1b (under 1mm but mitotic rate was 1).  I am very intersted in finding online parent groups for pediactric melanoma.  Please, if anyone sees this who knows of an active group online, send me the information.  I have had little luck searching for groups. Thank you!

camping_mama
                          Participant

Hi.  My 7 year old daughter was recently diagnosed with melanoma.  T1b (under 1mm but mitotic rate was 1).  I am very intersted in finding online parent groups for pediactric melanoma.  Please, if anyone sees this who knows of an active group online, send me the information.  I have had little luck searching for groups. Thank you!

camping_mama
                            Participant

dnovak
                              Participant

Brandy I sent you a PM.  There's a group of pediatric melanoma parents online that may be helpful for you.  You can also learn more through Danielle Adams at her site http://littlestwarriorspot.com/.

dnovak
                                Participant

brandimhs
                                  Participant

where is NIH  we are at st judes and it is a wonderful place as well

brandimhs
                                    Participant

brandimhs
                                      Participant

tschmith
                                        Participant

I'm a patient at NIH and know one melanoma patient there is a four year old child.  That's really all I know but I'm wondering if NIH has anything to offer you.  It could be worth looking into.  I cannot say enough about how great the doctors are at NIH.

Terrie

tschmith
                                          Participant

Terrie

brandimhs
                                            Participant

thanks so much i will look into that!!

brandimhs
                                              Participant

brandimhs
                                                Participant

Carole K
                                                Participant

HI

Love and Light

Carole K.

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics