The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PD1 most recent scan report week 36

Forums General Melanoma Community PD1 most recent scan report week 36

Participant

I am thankful to say that my scans this week remain stable. Going into the scans they told me I have had an 80% response, so that is where I gratefully remain. I am aware many are currently struggling, and I have lost a dear friend in the past month to mel. Just posting as an encouragement for all.

Will be seeing an endocrinologist next trip to Vandy to try to get my thyroid and adrenal situation balanced out, but I feel very well & only symptom really is fatigue. I think the fatigue is largely endocrine related issues.

Hopefully this will be approved soon so everyone can have access.

Tina

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        SBeattie
        Participant

Thank you for sharing this news 'Tina D'…I've been wondering how the trial was going for you…I week and 1/2 ago I had my first post-4 induction infusion scans (a BMS phase II – nivo and placebo; nivo and ipi; ipi and placebo)…by the side effects I've experienced which aren't bad (very dry mouth, of course some itching) I think I've gotten nivo and continue now every 2 weeks with whatever…it's double-blinded)…anyway, my scan showed resolution of smaller tumors seen (bilat lungs); one smaller; mediastinal lymph nodes 'stabble'…"however in the interval" several clusters of tiny nodules, both lungs, have showed up…too small to know what they represent…no other organ involvement…doc only said 'I think you're responding'…!!

I am SO happy to hear of your 80% response…if 'we' can just keep things in check…, eh?

Have a great day

Tina D
            Participant

That is good news that you are responding. I had a VERY dry mouth for a while earlier on… and I do mean VERY dry! Hopefully the little nodules are nothing. I had some tiny something in my lungs one time that went away…never knew what they were. 

Yes, I agree that if the mel is not making headway, we are glad to be keeping it in check!

Tina

Tina D
              Participant

That is good news that you are responding. I had a VERY dry mouth for a while earlier on… and I do mean VERY dry! Hopefully the little nodules are nothing. I had some tiny something in my lungs one time that went away…never knew what they were. 

Yes, I agree that if the mel is not making headway, we are glad to be keeping it in check!

Tina

Tina D
                Participant

Tina

SBeattie
                Participant

Thank you for sharing this news 'Tina D'…I've been wondering how the trial was going for you…I week and 1/2 ago I had my first post-4 induction infusion scans (a BMS phase II – nivo and placebo; nivo and ipi; ipi and placebo)…by the side effects I've experienced which aren't bad (very dry mouth, of course some itching) I think I've gotten nivo and continue now every 2 weeks with whatever…it's double-blinded)…anyway, my scan showed resolution of smaller tumors seen (bilat lungs); one smaller; mediastinal lymph nodes 'stabble'…"however in the interval" several clusters of tiny nodules, both lungs, have showed up…too small to know what they represent…no other organ involvement…doc only said 'I think you're responding'…!!

I am SO happy to hear of your 80% response…if 'we' can just keep things in check…, eh?

Have a great day

SBeattie
                  Participant

Have a great day

BrianP
                    Participant

80% response and stable!  That sounds great Tina.  Good luck with the endocrinologist.  I think you are right about the fatigue possibly being related to the endo stuff.

Biran

Tina D
                        Participant

Thank you . smiley

Tina D
                          Participant

Thank you . smiley

Tina D
                            Participant

Thank you . smiley

BrianP
                            Participant

80% response and stable!  That sounds great Tina.  Good luck with the endocrinologist.  I think you are right about the fatigue possibly being related to the endo stuff.

Biran

BrianP
                              Participant

Biran

kpcollins31
                                Participant

Great to hear, Tina. Very encouraging results.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                  Participant

Kevin

Tina D
                                      Participant

Thank you, Kevin… how are YOU doing??

Tina

Tina D
                                        Participant

Tina

Tina D
                                          Participant

Tina

kpcollins31
                                            Participant

Feeling pretty good – nervous about my next scan in a little over a month… I get occasional mild pains in the abdominal region, but I am attributing them to the surgery 2 months ago. I hate that a scan will dictate quality of life and that there is absolutely nothing I can do to influence the outcome.   

Kevin

Tina D
                                              Participant

Kevin, I was just telling my husband the other day that I frequently have odd aches and pains, and they are always in the areas where I have had a previous surgery. It all makes sense because of scar tissue and such, but it can also be disconcerting around scan time. I have had many surgeries and I can assure you that getting discomfort in the area is common. Praying for good scans for you. I am glad you are feeling pretty well, that was a big surgery. I am amazed at the nerve endings our intestines have…never knew till they messed with them in surgery,LOL! 

Take Care!

Tina

Tina D
                                                Participant

Kevin, I was just telling my husband the other day that I frequently have odd aches and pains, and they are always in the areas where I have had a previous surgery. It all makes sense because of scar tissue and such, but it can also be disconcerting around scan time. I have had many surgeries and I can assure you that getting discomfort in the area is common. Praying for good scans for you. I am glad you are feeling pretty well, that was a big surgery. I am amazed at the nerve endings our intestines have…never knew till they messed with them in surgery,LOL! 

Take Care!

Tina

Tina D
                                                  Participant

Take Care!

Tina

kpcollins31
                                                    Participant

Feeling pretty good – nervous about my next scan in a little over a month… I get occasional mild pains in the abdominal region, but I am attributing them to the surgery 2 months ago. I hate that a scan will dictate quality of life and that there is absolutely nothing I can do to influence the outcome.   

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                      Participant

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                      Participant

Kevin

Bubbles
                                                        Participant

Hang in there, Tina! 

80% reduction and stable sounds pretty good to me!  Sorry for the endocrine issues.  Hopefully, they can get that under control and you will feel better.  Where do you live, since you are being treated at Nashville?  Coming from Chatt town.  Wishing you the best.  Celeste

Bubbles
                                                          Participant

Hang in there, Tina! 

80% reduction and stable sounds pretty good to me!  Sorry for the endocrine issues.  Hopefully, they can get that under control and you will feel better.  Where do you live, since you are being treated at Nashville?  Coming from Chatt town.  Wishing you the best.  Celeste

Tina D
                                                              Participant

Thank you, Celeste. I can't complain too much about the fatigue, it is certainly more manageable than ANY other treatment I have EVER been on. I never feel  very badly, just tired.

I travel to TN from SW Indiana…just under a four hour drive. You go to Vandy, too? If so, how often are you there?

Tina

Tina D
                                                                Participant

Thank you, Celeste. I can't complain too much about the fatigue, it is certainly more manageable than ANY other treatment I have EVER been on. I never feel  very badly, just tired.

I travel to TN from SW Indiana…just under a four hour drive. You go to Vandy, too? If so, how often are you there?

Tina

Bubbles
                                                                  Participant

No.  When I was needing a trial/treatment there was nothing available there.  I ended up doing a 2 1/2 year Nivo trial in Tampa, at Moffitt.  Glad you are not having too much of a drive…but I know it is still hard!!! Wishing you continued response!!!  C

Bubbles
                                                                    Participant

No.  When I was needing a trial/treatment there was nothing available there.  I ended up doing a 2 1/2 year Nivo trial in Tampa, at Moffitt.  Glad you are not having too much of a drive…but I know it is still hard!!! Wishing you continued response!!!  C

Bubbles
                                                                      Participant

Erinmay22
                                                                        Participant

Tina –

So happy to read about your continued success!  Just had round #22 and my 60 week scans March 17th.  All continues to show shrinkage and nothing new.  Pretty amazing!  

Tina D
                                                                          Participant

That IS just incredible. When we look back on occasion to 2 yrs ago to the time we were told for me to get my affairs in order, we have such a sense of absolute gratitude. Here I am 2 yrs later, and doing well. So thankful.

I am glad you are doing so great!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                                                                            Participant

That IS just incredible. When we look back on occasion to 2 yrs ago to the time we were told for me to get my affairs in order, we have such a sense of absolute gratitude. Here I am 2 yrs later, and doing well. So thankful.

Tina

Tina D
                                                                              Participant

Tina

Erinmay22
                                                                                Participant

Tina –

So happy to read about your continued success!  Just had round #22 and my 60 week scans March 17th.  All continues to show shrinkage and nothing new.  Pretty amazing!  

Erinmay22
                                                                                  Participant

Tina –

Tina D
                                                                                    Participant

Tina

Bubbles
                                                                                    Participant

Hang in there, Tina! 

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics