The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PD1 didn’t work….

Forums General Melanoma Community PD1 didn’t work….

Participant

It all happened so fast.  After the second infusion of PD1 they have decided that my husband Dave is progressing to rapidly to continue.  It has moved to his spine causing a compression fracture in vertebrea, also to pelvis and liver.  It is surreal.  As christians our faith is what carrying us through.  We know God has a plan and he will guide and give us peace during this very challenging time.  We are going to try to go back on zelboraf (which we have done) and add Mek inhibitor to see if it may add any time and comfort.  They have said it may be 2 weeks it may be 2 months.  I appreciate all the information and people that have shared there stories and lives.  What a blessing it has been.  God bless you all!  May you all have peace during these trying times.

Dave & Holly Rahn

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

I too am a Christian. I dunno but maybe there is hope for your husband. My start with this awful disease was a compression in the vertebrae that almost made me paralyzed. Through some difficult times I'm still here and walking 2 miles a day. Yes I firmly believe God carried me all that time I didn't even realize I was almost paralyzed.

I really hope zel and whatever else you decide kicks this evil beast out of your husband.

Prayers be with you.

Artie

arthurjedi007
          Participant

I too am a Christian. I dunno but maybe there is hope for your husband. My start with this awful disease was a compression in the vertebrae that almost made me paralyzed. Through some difficult times I'm still here and walking 2 miles a day. Yes I firmly believe God carried me all that time I didn't even realize I was almost paralyzed.

I really hope zel and whatever else you decide kicks this evil beast out of your husband.

Prayers be with you.

Artie

arthurjedi007
            Participant

Prayers be with you.

Artie

BrianP
              Participant

Dave and Holly,

My heart goes out to you all.  I'm a christian also and even while things are going well for me now I still stuggle with my faith through all of this so your faithfulness is really amazing and inspiring.  Is Dave on a trial or the EAP for PD1?  I wish time was more on Dave's side because I just don't think 2 infusions is enough to see if it's going to work.  I'll be praying hard for you two. 

BrianP
                Participant

Dave and Holly,

My heart goes out to you all.  I'm a christian also and even while things are going well for me now I still stuggle with my faith through all of this so your faithfulness is really amazing and inspiring.  Is Dave on a trial or the EAP for PD1?  I wish time was more on Dave's side because I just don't think 2 infusions is enough to see if it's going to work.  I'll be praying hard for you two. 

BrianP
                  Participant

Dave and Holly,

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics