The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PD-1 or PDL-1 Complete Responders

Forums General Melanoma Community PD-1 or PDL-1 Complete Responders

Participant

Hello,

I do not have Melanoma.. I have Merkel Cell Carcinoma. I am in a clinical trial with PDL-1. I am a complete responder. I am looking for people with Melanoma who have had a complete response to either PD-1 or PDL-1.. is there anyone on here who shares my similiar situation? I need advice, information, and answers…

Thank you

Carrie

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        john243
          I want to share the amazing results with Cannabis oil cancer miracle cure. My wife just recovered from breast cancer just 19 weeks of using it. She have being having this breast cancer on her left side which she have been battling for over 3 years.

More importantly, she is no longer having to deal with the embarrassment and annoyance of Chemo, Radiations and those crazy cancer drugs which is been recommended by oncologist nor daily fatigue. If you have been in the situation, you will know what it means to be free indeed.

Thanks to Dr. Thomas and Mr. Rick Simpson. Save yourself, and your family members and friends by helping them out with this information for better understanding.

Where to order the medication online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for more help.
          john243
            I want to share the amazing results with Cannabis oil cancer miracle cure. My wife just recovered from breast cancer just 19 weeks of using it. She have being having this breast cancer on her left side which she have been battling for over 3 years.

More importantly, she is no longer having to deal with the embarrassment and annoyance of Chemo, Radiations and those crazy cancer drugs which is been recommended by oncologist nor daily fatigue. If you have been in the situation, you will know what it means to be free indeed.

Thanks to Dr. Thomas and Mr. Rick Simpson. Save yourself, and your family members and friends by helping them out with this information for better understanding.

for more help.
              ed williams
              Participant

Miracle cure!!!!! Wow, I haven't heard that one before!!!!! Snake oil salesmen are still just snake oil salesmen. Ed

ed williams
                Participant

Miracle cure!!!!! Wow, I haven't heard that one before!!!!! Snake oil salesmen are still just snake oil salesmen. Ed

ed williams
                  Participant

john243

for more help.
                    JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

"You should get many response that address your question. There are people here that have had eevery level of responce  to mos of the different treatments.

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

"You should get many response that address your question. There are people here that have had eevery level of responce  to mos of the different treatments.

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

BrianP
                          Participant

Carrie,

Wonderful to hear the PDL-1 drug is having a positive impact on other cancers as well.  We do have a wide spectrum of responders on this forum and many of whom are complete responders.  Not sure if we have any PDL-1 complete responders but I know we have several PD-1 complete responders.  I'm a partial responder from a ongoing ipi/nivo trial.  I've been stable about a year.  I might suggest you expand upon your situation and what your questions are in order to get the ball rolling.  I suspect you might be wondering about the durability of the drug and whether you need the drug to maintain your complete response.  We've had a couple discussions on that topic and if that is indeed your question I'll see if I can link you to those discussions. 

Brian

BrianP
                            Participant

Carrie,

Wonderful to hear the PDL-1 drug is having a positive impact on other cancers as well.  We do have a wide spectrum of responders on this forum and many of whom are complete responders.  Not sure if we have any PDL-1 complete responders but I know we have several PD-1 complete responders.  I'm a partial responder from a ongoing ipi/nivo trial.  I've been stable about a year.  I might suggest you expand upon your situation and what your questions are in order to get the ball rolling.  I suspect you might be wondering about the durability of the drug and whether you need the drug to maintain your complete response.  We've had a couple discussions on that topic and if that is indeed your question I'll see if I can link you to those discussions. 

Brian

BrianP
                              Participant

Carrie,

Brian

tschmith
                                  Participant

Hi Carrie!  I thought I would respond even though I am not a complete responder.  I hope to be someday but….who knows.  I am currently getting infusions of Keytruda every three weeks.  I get scans every twelve weeks.  I don't know what your questions are, but my doctor told me if my CT scans and MRI of my brain eventually show no evidence of disease, then I would have a PET scan.  If that comes back NED then I would have four more infusions of Keytruda and I assume followed by scans, etc. 

I am so happy to hear that you are a complete responder!  Thank you for posting.  We always love to hear positive news on this board and lately we've had some spammers who I think might be causing people to not post quite as much. 

Best Wishes for you!

Terrie

tschmith
                                    Participant

Hi Carrie!  I thought I would respond even though I am not a complete responder.  I hope to be someday but….who knows.  I am currently getting infusions of Keytruda every three weeks.  I get scans every twelve weeks.  I don't know what your questions are, but my doctor told me if my CT scans and MRI of my brain eventually show no evidence of disease, then I would have a PET scan.  If that comes back NED then I would have four more infusions of Keytruda and I assume followed by scans, etc. 

I am so happy to hear that you are a complete responder!  Thank you for posting.  We always love to hear positive news on this board and lately we've had some spammers who I think might be causing people to not post quite as much. 

Best Wishes for you!

Terrie

tschmith
                                      Participant

Best Wishes for you!

Terrie

Lisa – Aust
                                      Participant

Hi Carrie,

My husband has been on Mercks PD-1 trial for a little over a year and has had a complete response. He started with very low tumour burden (one small-ish tumour in a lymph node), so I am not sure if this is why. He previously had a relatively long complete response to one of the braf inhibitors (also a trial) – 2.5 years.

He was given the option to come off the trial and take a watch and see approach, but we decided against it for now. Its a 2 year trial,so he will finish treatment towards the end of this year anyway.

Im also interested to hear from other complete responders – congrats on your response!

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa – Aust
                                        Participant

Hi Carrie,

My husband has been on Mercks PD-1 trial for a little over a year and has had a complete response. He started with very low tumour burden (one small-ish tumour in a lymph node), so I am not sure if this is why. He previously had a relatively long complete response to one of the braf inhibitors (also a trial) – 2.5 years.

He was given the option to come off the trial and take a watch and see approach, but we decided against it for now. Its a 2 year trial,so he will finish treatment towards the end of this year anyway.

Im also interested to hear from other complete responders – congrats on your response!

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa – Aust
                                          Participant

Hi Carrie,

Thanks,

Lisa

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics