The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pathology Results

Forums General Melanoma Community Pathology Results

Participant

Don't have path in front of me but got call earlier from derm. Approx. a 4mm well circuscribed nodlue of melanoma. Stained positive for Melan-A, negative for HMB-45….doesn't appear to be a lymphnode. Lymphocytes present….whatever that means. But basiclly said it's a sub-q metastatic leison. He sent path to oncologist. I'm seeing  oncologist tomorrow….don't think I'll be doing scan tomorrow but I know the drill….just hoping it's just a dermal leison and hasn't spread anywhere else since I had last PET 3 months ago….

This shit is unreal…

Josh

Viewing 44 reply threads
    • Replies
        liberty04281
        Participant
          Sorry to hear about it. What is next step going to be?.
          My scan is in January,and it is always scary time.
          Hope is the best.
          Liberty
          liberty04281
          Participant
            Hope is the best.
            Liberty
            liberty04281
            Participant
              Hope is the best.
              Liberty
              jamieth29
              Participant
                Sorry Josh, i believe lymphocytes being present is good thing because they were recognizing there was something foreign in your body. Please keep us posted how you proceed. And your right the SHIT is unreal and emotionally so hard.
                jamieth29
                Participant
                  Sorry Josh, i believe lymphocytes being present is good thing because they were recognizing there was something foreign in your body. Please keep us posted how you proceed. And your right the SHIT is unreal and emotionally so hard.
                  jamieth29
                  Participant
                    arthurjedi007
                    Participant

Dang Josh. At least it seems you caught the recurrence early. Good luck.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                      Participant

Artie

JoshF
                          Participant

Artie-

How are you doing brother? Think about you often….

JoshF
                            Participant

Artie-

JoshF
                              Participant

Artie-

arthurjedi007
                                Participant

Hey Josh. I'm doing ok. Thought we had the pain under control with this 12 hour morphine pill until last night I woke up at 1:20 with scream level pain in the front of my left leg and hip. Got it under control again with an oxy codone. I guess these pills don't always release right. I dunno. 

Still can't walk very much any more. Couple minutes then I have to sit due to the pain. But then after a bit I try again.

My mayo doc called and among other things about my spine said we should add chemo to the pd1. So that made me feel better maybe this mda doc is trying to do right. Also they saw nothing wrong with the spine cement or any displaced spinal cord. So that's good too. I don't have pain in my mid back just a little in lower back so I tend to agree. Lots of pain in left leg and hip though.

On the 9th I get my second dose of the keytruda abraxane combo so we shall see. The abraxane so far seems like no side affects. Just constipation and mild stomach issues from the pain meds and laxatives. Oh and tired a lot.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                  Participant

Hey Josh. I'm doing ok. Thought we had the pain under control with this 12 hour morphine pill until last night I woke up at 1:20 with scream level pain in the front of my left leg and hip. Got it under control again with an oxy codone. I guess these pills don't always release right. I dunno. 

Still can't walk very much any more. Couple minutes then I have to sit due to the pain. But then after a bit I try again.

My mayo doc called and among other things about my spine said we should add chemo to the pd1. So that made me feel better maybe this mda doc is trying to do right. Also they saw nothing wrong with the spine cement or any displaced spinal cord. So that's good too. I don't have pain in my mid back just a little in lower back so I tend to agree. Lots of pain in left leg and hip though.

On the 9th I get my second dose of the keytruda abraxane combo so we shall see. The abraxane so far seems like no side affects. Just constipation and mild stomach issues from the pain meds and laxatives. Oh and tired a lot.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                    Participant

Artie

JoshF
                                      Participant

Sorry about all your pain Artie. I know you weren't thrilled about what transpired at MDA and afterwards so good that you feel it's turning around. Wishing you strength and healing my friend! You're an inspiration!! Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Be well!

Josh

JoshF
                                        Participant

Sorry about all your pain Artie. I know you weren't thrilled about what transpired at MDA and afterwards so good that you feel it's turning around. Wishing you strength and healing my friend! You're an inspiration!! Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Be well!

Josh

JoshF
                                          Participant

Josh

arthurjedi007
                                          Participant

Artie

Eileensulliv
                                            Participant

Wow… So sorry, Josh! You truly have been on a roller coaster. Wishing you the best!

Eileensulliv
                                              Participant

Wow… So sorry, Josh! You truly have been on a roller coaster. Wishing you the best!

Eileensulliv
                                                Participant

Bubbles
                                                  Participant

Oh, Josh!  So sorry.  Hate the worry…and the results…but glad you are vigilent and won't take no for an answer!!  Hang in there.  Love, c

Bubbles
                                                    Participant

Oh, Josh!  So sorry.  Hate the worry…and the results…but glad you are vigilent and won't take no for an answer!!  Hang in there.  Love, c

Bubbles
                                                      Participant

evieg
                                                        Participant

Josh,

So sorry, but hopefully it is early enough. This shit sucks…hoping to hear good news soon.

Praying…..

Evie

evieg
                                                          Participant

Josh,

So sorry, but hopefully it is early enough. This shit sucks…hoping to hear good news soon.

Praying…..

Evie

evieg
                                                            Participant

Josh,

Praying…..

Evie

evieg
                                                              Participant

Josh,

Praying…..

Evie

evieg
                                                                Participant

Josh,

Praying…..

Evie

evieg
                                                                  Participant

Josh,

Praying…..

Evie

jbronicki
                                                                    Participant

Josh, very sorry for the confirmation of melanoma, but I hope you are right and it's a dermal lesion, it does sound like that is the case and hopefully it's all localized in that location.  My husband has had a similar path to yours in how his melanoma presents so I understand the frustration.  Many thoughts and prayers for quick treatment and recovery.

jbronicki
                                                                      Participant

Josh, very sorry for the confirmation of melanoma, but I hope you are right and it's a dermal lesion, it does sound like that is the case and hopefully it's all localized in that location.  My husband has had a similar path to yours in how his melanoma presents so I understand the frustration.  Many thoughts and prayers for quick treatment and recovery.

jbronicki
                                                                        Participant

casagrayson
                                                                          Participant

The hits just keep coming.  Crap.  It's small, you caught it, you're being vigilant.  Prayers for peace as you tackle this once more.

casagrayson
                                                                            Participant

The hits just keep coming.  Crap.  It's small, you caught it, you're being vigilant.  Prayers for peace as you tackle this once more.

casagrayson
                                                                              Participant

JoshF
                                                                                Participant

Thanks MPIP Family! Really appreciate the support as I know we've all had and continue to have our struggles. I guess all I can hope for is that Pet is negative. I'm seeing oncologist at 3pm CST today and she is hoping to squeeze me in for scan Monday. Let's go for best case scenario!!!!! Take care of yourselves!!!'

Josh

JoshF
                                                                                  Participant

Thanks MPIP Family! Really appreciate the support as I know we've all had and continue to have our struggles. I guess all I can hope for is that Pet is negative. I'm seeing oncologist at 3pm CST today and she is hoping to squeeze me in for scan Monday. Let's go for best case scenario!!!!! Take care of yourselves!!!'

Josh

JoshF
                                                                                    Participant

Josh

triciad
                                                                                      Participant

Josh

So sorry to hear it's back; although, I've had a bunch of sub q's removed surgically.  Prayers that your pet shows no spreading.  Stay positive and know we are all sending happy thoughts to you.

Stay strong,

Tricia

triciad
                                                                                        Participant

Josh

So sorry to hear it's back; although, I've had a bunch of sub q's removed surgically.  Prayers that your pet shows no spreading.  Stay positive and know we are all sending happy thoughts to you.

Stay strong,

Tricia

triciad
                                                                                          Participant

Josh

Stay strong,

Tricia

jenny22
                                                                                              Participant

Hi Tricia-

Hate to jump in on Joshs post, but have been wondering how you are doing….I have followed your history……any new news?

Hoping to hear some good news from you!

best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                                Participant

Hi Tricia-

Hate to jump in on Joshs post, but have been wondering how you are doing….I have followed your history……any new news?

best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Tricia-

best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                                  Participant

Josh-

I've been following your entire melanoma journey…..so much anxiety and stress……i am sorry to read your latest and of course hope it will be only the subq and nothing more….

I think you said it best….."this shit is unreal"…

Sending yo lots of well wishes and good thoughts.

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                                    Participant

Josh-

I've been following your entire melanoma journey…..so much anxiety and stress……i am sorry to read your latest and of course hope it will be only the subq and nothing more….

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                                      Participant

Josh-

jenny

jamieth29
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                          Josh,
                                                                                                          Just checking to see how things were going. I hope you got my reply to your message the other day. Any suggestions from your doctor yet?
                                                                                                          jamieth29
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            Josh,
                                                                                                            Just checking to see how things were going. I hope you got my reply to your message the other day. Any suggestions from your doctor yet?
                                                                                                            jamieth29
                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                              Josh,
                                                                                                                JoshF
                                                                                                                Participant

Hey Jaime-

Thanks I did get your reply Thursday…much appreciated. So I saw doc late Friday afternoon. She set up Pet/Ct for first thing this morning but unfortunately I won't see her until tomorrow at 4 for results. So she went over path report with me…looked me over for any other lumps and then discussed options.

Negative Pet/CT- I'll have surgery. Though margins were clear….need to go in and take more. She also discussed a trial that Dr. Luke has for Stage IV adjuvant. I guess he sent her some info. This is obviously best case scenario and what I'm really hoping for.

If something comes back somewhere else on scan she said we will go right to systemic treatment. Sounded like she'd want to try and do the new approved combo. If there is something else and can be resected, I'd like to do that and then do some adjuvant theraphy. She said they would have nothing to measure treatment against etc… Don't they do that for other cancers….breast? If anyone reads this please share your thoughts or experiences….

Finally, I discussed going somewhere…traveling to MD, Sloan etc… She said always an option and she knows many of them but doesn't feel thay'd offer much more at this point. Similar to what Dr Luke told me in the past. I'll have a good idea tomorrow….just real anxious at this point…million thoughts running through this head of mine.

Thanks for checking in…really appreciate it!!!!

Josh

jamieth29
                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                    Josh,
                                                                                                                    I replied to this before so might get 2 posts again. Just throwing some ideas at you. Dr Luke’s trials can be found on U of C website but he has told me some things are in the works that he cant quite let out yet. Also i tried to get into a arm of the same trial that Celest was in at Moffit but the trial closed. However i was contacted by Allison the trial nurse at Moffit a few weeks ago about the pembro vs placebo trial. When talking with her she informed me that Dr Weber will be opening the same trial at nyu for ipi/nivo combo for N.E.D people once he gets settled she said he got his nurses together and told them that. Obviously not sure on the timeline for that and things can play out many different ways for you. Nyu trial would be tough logistically but can be done. I’m kinda in the boat you are…HOPEFULLY after my next surgery im rendered 3c N.E.D and will be looking at adjuvant trials also. I may even consider a vaccine trial. I dont think i can just do watch and wait. Adjuvant trials are tricky your right as there is no disease to monitor. Dr Luke has made some good points to me as far as there is no evidence that these drugs dont do just as well if you catch reccurance early and then your not opening yourself up to auto immune side effects if by Gods grace it doesn’t come back.
                                                                                                                    jamieth29
                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                      Josh,
                                                                                                                      I replied to this before so might get 2 posts again. Just throwing some ideas at you. Dr Luke’s trials can be found on U of C website but he has told me some things are in the works that he cant quite let out yet. Also i tried to get into a arm of the same trial that Celest was in at Moffit but the trial closed. However i was contacted by Allison the trial nurse at Moffit a few weeks ago about the pembro vs placebo trial. When talking with her she informed me that Dr Weber will be opening the same trial at nyu for ipi/nivo combo for N.E.D people once he gets settled she said he got his nurses together and told them that. Obviously not sure on the timeline for that and things can play out many different ways for you. Nyu trial would be tough logistically but can be done. I’m kinda in the boat you are…HOPEFULLY after my next surgery im rendered 3c N.E.D and will be looking at adjuvant trials also. I may even consider a vaccine trial. I dont think i can just do watch and wait. Adjuvant trials are tricky your right as there is no disease to monitor. Dr Luke has made some good points to me as far as there is no evidence that these drugs dont do just as well if you catch reccurance early and then your not opening yourself up to auto immune side effects if by Gods grace it doesn’t come back.
                                                                                                                      jamieth29
                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                        Josh,
                                                                                                                        JoshF
                                                                                                                        Participant

Hey Jaime-

Thanks I did get your reply Thursday…much appreciated. So I saw doc late Friday afternoon. She set up Pet/Ct for first thing this morning but unfortunately I won't see her until tomorrow at 4 for results. So she went over path report with me…looked me over for any other lumps and then discussed options.

Negative Pet/CT- I'll have surgery. Though margins were clear….need to go in and take more. She also discussed a trial that Dr. Luke has for Stage IV adjuvant. I guess he sent her some info. This is obviously best case scenario and what I'm really hoping for.

If something comes back somewhere else on scan she said we will go right to systemic treatment. Sounded like she'd want to try and do the new approved combo. If there is something else and can be resected, I'd like to do that and then do some adjuvant theraphy. She said they would have nothing to measure treatment against etc… Don't they do that for other cancers….breast? If anyone reads this please share your thoughts or experiences….

Finally, I discussed going somewhere…traveling to MD, Sloan etc… She said always an option and she knows many of them but doesn't feel thay'd offer much more at this point. Similar to what Dr Luke told me in the past. I'll have a good idea tomorrow….just real anxious at this point…million thoughts running through this head of mine.

Josh

JoshF
                                                                                                                          Participant

Hey Jaime-

Josh

jamieth29
                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                            Josh,
                                                                                                                            jamieth29
                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                              Josh,
                                                                                                                              jamieth29
                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                Josh,
                                                                                                                                Swanee
                                                                                                                                Participant

Sorry this news is melanoma again, I agree whole heartedly with you Josh…..it is unreal!!  Sometimes it just feels like a bad dream you keep waking up with and when you  finally fall back asleep,  there it is again! Sometimes the anxiety of it all feels like the worst part!  Wishing you peace of mind and heart as you negotiate your way with this next recurrence.  I've been cutting these little intruders out as much as possible, not the standard treatment, but each time it feels like the best option for me.  Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts to you and your family, for strength, courage and calmness as you tackle this next obstacle.

Swanee

Swanee
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Sorry this news is melanoma again, I agree whole heartedly with you Josh…..it is unreal!!  Sometimes it just feels like a bad dream you keep waking up with and when you  finally fall back asleep,  there it is again! Sometimes the anxiety of it all feels like the worst part!  Wishing you peace of mind and heart as you negotiate your way with this next recurrence.  I've been cutting these little intruders out as much as possible, not the standard treatment, but each time it feels like the best option for me.  Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts to you and your family, for strength, courage and calmness as you tackle this next obstacle.

Swanee

Swanee
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Swanee

Viewing 44 reply threads
                                                                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics