The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pathology Report From Parortidectomy/Neck Dissection

Forums General Melanoma Community Pathology Report From Parortidectomy/Neck Dissection

Participant

SO Pathology report came back…please let me know what you think as I have ne real experience with sizes etc …

It reads a little confusing, but it looks like 

-2 Nodes out of 60 positive for Malignant Melanoma , largest is 2.0×2.0x1.1 cm tumor (I believe these are the two that made lumps on the side of my neck)

-also had parotid gland and parotid salivary gland both of which were neg for disease, (however one of the nodes was within the parotid glad)

-there is no apparent extranodal extension

-resection margins free of malignant melanoma

SO my basic questions are:

Stage IIIB?

and is a 2.0cm malignant melanoma tumor within a node big? 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Cindy VT
        Participant

That actually sounds great.  If the margins are free, you should be good for awhile.  But that up to you and your Oncologist.  Great!  and Best Wishes to you. 

Always think positive…..it helps your immune system, I swear it!

Cindy VT

Cindy VT
          Participant

That actually sounds great.  If the margins are free, you should be good for awhile.  But that up to you and your Oncologist.  Great!  and Best Wishes to you. 

Cindy VT

Cindy VT
            Participant

Cindy VT

kathycmc
              Participant

Sounds like IIIb to me.  You are now NED (no evidence of disease) and have several options.  You can wait and see if it recurs, you can try aduvant therapy such as biochemotherapy or interferon or you can try to get into a trial.  What you do now is up to you and your melanoma oncologist.  

MattF
                  Participant

Yep thats where i am now…well healing after surgery.

to me the fact that I was stage II had surgery and was NED all only 9 months before this new metastatic melanoma showed up makes me want to do something….

meeting with melanoma onc and radiation onc….looking into radiation, interferon or trial.

MattF
                    Participant

to me the fact that I was stage II had surgery and was NED all only 9 months before this new metastatic melanoma showed up makes me want to do something….

meeting with melanoma onc and radiation onc….looking into radiation, interferon or trial.

MattF
                      Participant

kathycmc
                      Participant

Sounds like IIIb to me.  You are now NED (no evidence of disease) and have several options.  You can wait and see if it recurs, you can try aduvant therapy such as biochemotherapy or interferon or you can try to get into a trial.  What you do now is up to you and your melanoma oncologist.  

kathycmc
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics