The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Partall Colon/Endo results

Forums Mucosal Melanoma Community Partall Colon/Endo results

Participant
      Hi guys, that was the worse experiance ever (Colon and Endoscopy, i think it had to do with me not taking my Livothyroxin and Hydrocortisons for 2 1/2 days, i couldnt sleep, no energy, couldn’t stop stretching wich was wierd! Directions said no meds except heart meds and i dont take that…when i got home later that night i took my Megace cuz i had no appitite now today im better and eating small stuff and slowly gettin stronger…
      My initial findings are a Large 18cm submucosal mass in the Sigmoid colon (aparently my test doesnt reach the Jejunum as i expected, different test called a Deep Bowel double Balloon Enteroscopy, then theyll see the Jejunum. I was upset, i thought this took care of that!)
      Im Anemic (Anemia) probably from blood loss during bowel movements from these masses…Mild Gastritis, Duodenitis and that it for an early result. But gosh darn! 18cm in Sigmoid? I should ask is that a round mass or 18cm long mass? Thats 7 inches or so in American talk..i was expecting another mass other then what lit up in my Jejunum, my CT sized that at 12mm a few months ago…
      Melanoma sucks!..anyways, biopsies where sent to the Pathologist now we wait guys…love ya all deeply, my peeps..
    Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        MelanomaMike
        Participant
          Sorry, Title should have read “Partial” results not Partal or what ever! Lol..
            MarkR
            Participant
              Hi Mike
              Really sorry to hear this – had been watching your progress and was hoping for some good news for you. This road is tough and I can only hope you can keep picking yourself and moving forward as best as you can.
              Best of luck to you
              Mark
              MelanomaMike
              Participant
                Thanks Mark, it has its rough times BELIEVE me but i pull every ounce of strength to do all whats expected of me to do, its just tiering Mark, since 2008 wich was my first diagnosis. Its been non stop, more so now in last 2 years…Thanks brother…How are you? I didnt see a profile on you??
                MarkR
                Participant
                  Hi Mike
                  I’m 14 years since first diagnosis, but about 3 years since it got serious. Being Re-challenged with Nivo at present and last scans were stable but having biopsies of 2 new skin lesions on Tuesday. Trying to keep telling myself they have been there since before Nivo had chance to kick but can’t quite make myself believe it!!
                  Seen your other posts on this thread and hopefully it’s not as bad as first thought. Hopefully you can look to get onto some trials and find something that works for you
                  Best wishes
                  Mark
                MelanomaMike
                Participant
                  And can i ask, i was to loopy after the procedure to ask about his findings, he did tell us but i wasnt feelin good after words, breathing was hard..is an 18cm mass their talking about like a ball? Or in length? If its a ball (roughly 7 inch ball) how am i able to to poop? Im not having much pain as of yet Thank God, i mean, thats a hell of a an obstruction isnt it?… thanks guys..
                  MelanomaMike
                  Participant
                    I think i found what i was looking for when i asked about the 18cm mass that was located in my Sigmoid, i read a case that was discribed as 15cm from Anal Verge (our wahoo!) of the Sigmoid so, im not so worried now…
                      guynamedbilly
                      Participant
                        That sounds probably like it. Man, I’ve heard some amazing stories of poor people that just went years with a growing tumor, but I can’t imagine a surprise 7 inch tumor.
                      lkb
                      Participant
                        Dang. Sorry to hear the news wasn’t better, but I’m glad you’re rallying after the awful experience. Hope you are feeling good enough to enjoy the things you love–was it working with wood? I seem to recall that it’s making things with your hands; do I have that right? Sending you all the best.
                        Lisa
                        Lucygoose
                        Participant
                          I’m sorry the news isn’t better for you.

I experienced the stretching when my cortisol was so low it resulted in dangerously low sodium. Talk to them about the hydrocortisone if you have to do this again. Low cortisol is nothing to mess with. It has so many metabolic impacts.

jbronicki
                          Participant
                            I’m glad you made it through the endo/colonoscopy Mike! I can’t really tell, but reading above sounds like the jury may still be out on the 18 cm? that it may be just a distance from something versus tumor size? Melanoma does suck and so do colonoscopies (both preparation and the event itself albeit I don’t remember that part). I’m hoping only the best news. I know you are tired of this sh–. Please know your posts make us smile even when the news isn’t always good, that is something for sure and your narrative style is one in a million. Many hugs Mike to you and your family!
                            Summer S.
                            Participant
                              I love you too
                              I have been following all you write, and I always send positive thoughts and hugs.
                          Viewing 6 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics