The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Paratoid gland remove l and complete dissection

Forums General Melanoma Community Paratoid gland remove l and complete dissection

Participant

In was told I was going to have paratoid gland removal and Complete lymph node removal. And the immunotherapy with Opdivo. Now my surgeon and oncologist are going to do a Ultrasound and biopsy i guess to double check??? Which is fine, but I just want to get this over with!!.I help raise my 5 yr old granddaughter. She will be visiting her mother . I am just wondering if a 50 yr old had this done and what recovery time? Thank you

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        miaka618
        Participant
          I’ve had my parotid and lymph nodes removed from my right side and it wasn’t that bad for me. There is feeling loss in the area and my mouth gets dry on that side, but recovery time was only a couple weeks. They did bump my facial nerve which caused partial paralysis on that side of my face. That took several months to recover. First bite syndrome was pretty bad. It’s where you get a pain in your cheek from eating something sour, only it happens with everything you start eating. What was hard was when they went into my neck and took out 30 more lymph nodes. My neck was so stiff for quite a while. It was hard to drive because I couldn’t turn my head.
          Good luck!
      Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics