The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pan Raf inhibitor trial

Forums General Melanoma Community Pan Raf inhibitor trial

Participant
      Hi , My mom she has NRaS mutation and she has a tumor in her pelvis which is growing slowly and she is currently on immunotherapy . The doctor is saying maybe we should try pan raf trial. Does anyone know more about this or have done this . Since we are in Canada IpI / nivo together is not available after progression on keytruda . We need to pay out of pocket which I am considering at least for the 4 does that is needed .  Also I am planning to take her to Washington DC where I live , any Dr and melanoma surgeon that you can recommend will be appreciate it.

Any advice is needed .

thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mark_DC
        Participant
          Dear Lilara

sorry i can only answer briefly but for DC i know the following doctors:

Dr. Rapisuwon at Washington Hospital Center (he treats me and may have saved my life)

also Dr. Gibney at at Georgetown (treated me before)

Dr. Lipson at Sibley Hospital (Johns Hopkins) – great second opinions for me

there is also a unit at INOVA Fairfax Hospital that is supposed to be good

not sure if any of these know about the trial you are mentioning but do please update as i am NRAS too

These doctors can recommend surgeons too

hope this helps a little and that your mother will do well

best wishes Mark

Christinad
          Participant
            Hi – how do you know if you have an NRAS mutation? When I was initially diagnosed in 2014, I remember that I am BRAF negative but I don’t remember being told anything about NRAS.
            Mark_DC
            Participant
              Hi Lilara, ipi nivo would seem normal even for us NRAS types – would need good arguments to go for this trial instead. Hope you can find a good doctor, especially if your mum comes to DC
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics