The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pain pump getting implanted tomorrow

Forums General Melanoma Community Pain pump getting implanted tomorrow

Participant
      Well it’s finally happening; I couldn’t take it anymore and I’m finally getting this damn pump installed to see if I can’t at least live the rest of this year out with minimal pain.

I mean hell, if it’s going to be my last then I might as well enjoy it as much as I can. So, I go in to tomorrow morning at 10 and should be in recovery by 2. They may keep me overnight since I’m a cancer patient but typically it’s an outpatient procedure. Doesn’t matter to me, I just want relief.

Wish me luck all.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        SABKLYN
        Participant

Good luck – I hpe it gives you the relief you're looking for.

Bubbles
          Participant

I hope things go well today, Jeremy!  May you gain the peace you seek.  Celeste

aldrichdesigner
              Participant
                Thanks Celeste! I’m a little nervous just because it’s surgery but I’m so excited to have some daily relief from all the pain.

I just want to live out the rest of this year in as little pain as possible so I can enjoy the remaining time left even if it is way too short.

GeoTony
              Participant

I hear you, bring on the relief, best of luck

lkb
                Participant

Wishing you swift healing and complete relief from pain! 

aldrichdesigner
                  Participant
                    Pump installed!!!

It’s working but needs to be dialed in better over the next couple weeks. Plus my incisions need to heal which are causing their own source of pain but it’s different.

I’ll let everyone know if it was worth it once that is complete.

Until then, warrior on all!!

gopher38
                      Participant

I'm glad.  I was thinking about you yesterday, hoping that the operations and pump are/were a success. 

jbronicki
                      Participant

I'm so glad it went well Jeremy.  I think controlling pain in a systemic and easier way through the pump so you can focus on anything else (like living!)  is a huge win and probably just as important as anything else.  Wishing you immediate relief and break from the pain.

sing123
                        Participant

Jeremy, I hope the pain pump is working great for you.

aldrichdesigner
                            Participant
                              It definitely needs to be dialed in and adjusted, I’m pretty much hurting all over right now since I’m on the entry dose that the doctor thought would match my fentanyl.

But I’m at the office now for them to titrate me up and make it work better.

sing123
                              Participant

Jeremy, I hope you are starting to feel relief!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics