The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pain in the groin area

Forums General Melanoma Community Pain in the groin area

Participant

For those of you who've found a lump in your groin, did it just appear over night or did it start out with pain and tenderness?  My stage 1 was found on my upper left arm last year. Clear margins all good supposedly but yesterday morning I woke up with a soreness and tenderness right at the top of my pantyline. Not low in the groin but at the top on the same side where the melanoma was. Just wondering. Thanks

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

A primary on the arm would not drain to groin, it would drain to armpit lymph nodes. Never felt pain or soreness with positive lymph node. 

Aubreesmommy41
            Participant

Thank you for the information and your fast reply. Much appreciated. 

UBContributor
            Participant

Pls have that checked. It can be simply liver, ovaries, kidney stones of anything else echoing down there, the questions is what is the issues on those organs. Pls update us when u can.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics