The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

pain in leg

Forums General Melanoma Community pain in leg

Participant

Hi Everyone

I have been NED since July and stopped Keytruda in October due to colitis.  I have been experiencing pain in my shin were I first had a wide excision for stage 2b melanoma.  It radiates all the way up my thigh.  It seems to be more painful at night when I am sleeping.  Wondering if anyone else has experienced this?  I have my next pet scan next month.  Feeling a little anxiety from all of this.  Can't feel like maybe the melanoma is back.

Thanks

Tammy

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        SABKLYN
        Participant

Hi Tammy,

We all get a bit hypersensitive with pains, lumps, bumps, etc.  Could be nerve related.  However, if you're concerned, give your oncologist a call, explain the symptoms and see if he or she would like you to move up your appointment.  

Regards,

SA

happyfeet123
            Participant

Hi SA

I have an appointment with my oncologist tomorrow.  I brought this up last month but he thought we could wait until the next scan in Jan.  I have had pain in the site where they did the wide excision but not like this.  They state it could be from scar tissue.  I am not someone who over reacts, but I have to admit I am feeling some anxiety.  I cant  wait to get this scan over.   This will be the first one since going off the keytruda.  

SABKLYN
              Participant

No doubt, Tammy.  I'm not diminishing n the least the pain you're feeling or the additional pre-scan anxiety exacerbated by that pain.  Hopefully you can get good feedback tomorrow.  If not, the scans are a short way off.  Hang in there!

Viewing 0 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics