The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

P.S. One more question on adjuvant immunotherapy

Forums General Melanoma Community P.S. One more question on adjuvant immunotherapy

Participant
      Hi,

Please excuse my many questions today, but I was wondering whether I should push for my husband’s Nivo adjuvant immunotherapy to begin as soon as possible given that his parotidectomy and CLND were done on July 23rd which is now over 2 months ago?

Our oncologist has already done so much for us in getting the immunotherapy approved through the public health system that I don’t want to appear ungrateful by continuing to push for more, but I get little panic attacks every once in a while thinking that any microscopic melanoma cells that may have been left behind after the parotidectomy could be multiplying again at the mitotic rate of 19 which I believe is a very high mitotic rate. (That was the mitotic rate of his resected tumor.)

Does anyone think my worry about the delay in beginning the immunotherapy and radiotherapy is justified?

Again, any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Affected

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        JudiAU
        Participant
          I”m doing the combo right now and I honestly haven’t noticed the dosage. Congratulations on getting the drugs covered!!!!

This is what my insurance approval looks like:
          They are not currently using anything than NIVO/IPI solutions. I haven’t had an allergic reaction and am tired. The first time was harder. Almost no reaction this time. I was worried about side effects. Now I worry about not getting side effects.

One is 30 minutes. One is 90 minutes. I looked up the codes and they are for 1 mg, four does approved. But I don’t know if she round of treatment is 4 mg and each round gets its own approval or I am getting multiple approvals at once. I have had two combo treatments and I have two approval letters.

Service Description
          Service Code
          From
          To
          Quantity
          PR INJECTION, NIVOLUMAB
          J9299
          8/26/2019
          12/24/2019
          PR IPILIMUMAB INJECTION
          J9228
          8/26/2019
          12/24/2019
          PR PROCHLORPERAZINE INJE*
          J0780
          8/26/2019
          12/24/2019
          PR INJECTION, FAMOTIDINE*
          S0028
          8/26/2019
          12/24/2019
          PR DIPHENHYDRAMINE HCL I*
          J1200
          8/26/2019
          12/24/2019
          PR LORAZEPAM INJECTION
          J2060
          8/26/2019
          12/24/2019
          PR INJECTION,THERAP/PROP*
          8/26/2019
          12/24/2019
          PR CHEMOTHER, IV INFUSIO*
          8/26/2019
          12/24/2019
          PR CHEMOTHER, IV INFUSE,*
          8/26/2019
          12/24/2019
          PR CHEMOTHER, IV INFUSIO*
          8/26/2019
          12/24/2019

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics