The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Our beloved Dian from Spokane is now soaring with the angels….

Forums General Melanoma Community Our beloved Dian from Spokane is now soaring with the angels….

Participant

My heart is shattered and I can't stop the tears.  I just read Cigar Bob's post on facebook.  I just can't believe it. It hurts so damn bad.  I can't imagine how Bob is feeling. 

Dian was so intelligent, encouraged and inspired everyone on this board and others, loved and played and sang her beloved blues and bluegrass music, was such a beautiful lady, inside and out, and she was my friend, and a friend to many all over the world. 

I'll always love you, dear sweet Dian, and we're all going to miss you terribly. Rest in peace, Dian.  You fought one helluva fight, all the way to the end; it's time to rest now. 

DAMN MELANOMA ALL TO HELL!!!!!!!!!

You fought one helluva fight, all the way to the end; it's time to rest now.   You fought one helluva fight, all the way to the end; it's time to rest now.  

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        MarieM
        Participant

Thanks Lisa. I've been carrying her with me everywhere I go. I keep crying too. She just wanted to be with Bob, her family, her friends, her musicians, play her music and cook amazing meals. We are so completely different from one another, yet there was always a click. I remember when I was newly widowed she sent me a brochure on a City Slicker type trip she thought would be good for me. She wanted me to find myself. I smile everytime I think of THAT! She sent me flowers for a cold and spent hours chatting about EVERYTHING. She supported so many people here.  My heart goes out to Bob, Jesse, and all the many people that love her dearly. There is a hole in our little email group that can never be filled. There is a spot in the MPIP world that will never be filled. There is a place in us for us to keep her memory. She will be so missed.

Hugs, Marie

MarieM
          Participant

Thanks Lisa. I've been carrying her with me everywhere I go. I keep crying too. She just wanted to be with Bob, her family, her friends, her musicians, play her music and cook amazing meals. We are so completely different from one another, yet there was always a click. I remember when I was newly widowed she sent me a brochure on a City Slicker type trip she thought would be good for me. She wanted me to find myself. I smile everytime I think of THAT! She sent me flowers for a cold and spent hours chatting about EVERYTHING. She supported so many people here.  My heart goes out to Bob, Jesse, and all the many people that love her dearly. There is a hole in our little email group that can never be filled. There is a spot in the MPIP world that will never be filled. There is a place in us for us to keep her memory. She will be so missed.

Hugs, Marie

MarieM
            Participant

Hugs, Marie

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

Barbie,  and  Marie;

I haate that this is what it took for us  to getogether on here again.  We all oved  out Dear Dian.  When I  was unconciious   in the Denver  hospital, she sent my wife a tape of her music for them to play for me.  
                (A Nun also came  in and played a Harp)  My wife liked both, but said she wondered what I would think if I came to and saw a haarp being plqyed over me!  She knew I would enjoy Dian's music either way.  Yoy booth know how many Hours I spent talking with Dddian and working with her in educating new melanoma patients.  She helped educate me!  I love her.

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

Barbie,  and  Marie;

I haate that this is what it took for us  to getogether on here again.  We all oved  out Dear Dian.  When I  was unconciious   in the Denver  hospital, she sent my wife a tape of her music for them to play for me.  
                  (A Nun also came  in and played a Harp)  My wife liked both, but said she wondered what I would think if I came to and saw a haarp being plqyed over me!  She knew I would enjoy Dian's music either way.  Yoy booth know how many Hours I spent talking with Dddian and working with her in educating new melanoma patients.  She helped educate me!  I love her.

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

Barbie,  and  Marie;

jag
                    Participant

BG, I always hate updates like this, sorry that you had to be the bearer of such bad news but thanks for keeping us up to date.

Rest in Peace Dian, you lived life like a song, you played blues like a dream, and you fought melanoma like a chieftain.  God Bless You.

John

Gale
                        Participant

I've been away from these boards for quite some time, and am incredibly saddened to sign in and hear this news about Dian. Such a beautiful person inside and out, she will be greatly missed. Raising a lemondrop martini in your honor Dian.

Gale

Gale
                          Participant

I've been away from these boards for quite some time, and am incredibly saddened to sign in and hear this news about Dian. Such a beautiful person inside and out, she will be greatly missed. Raising a lemondrop martini in your honor Dian.

Gale

Gale
                            Participant

Gale

jag
                            Participant

BG, I always hate updates like this, sorry that you had to be the bearer of such bad news but thanks for keeping us up to date.

Rest in Peace Dian, you lived life like a song, you played blues like a dream, and you fought melanoma like a chieftain.  God Bless You.

John

jag
                              Participant

John

KYCynn
                                Participant

Oh, Barbie Girl, I'm so sorry to read this.  I thought I'd just stop by to see if anyone had checked in for the new year.  Dian was such a sweet soul. 

Glad to see some other names popping up here, but I'm so very sad to not see hers.

Cyn

KYCynn
                                  Participant

Oh, Barbie Girl, I'm so sorry to read this.  I thought I'd just stop by to see if anyone had checked in for the new year.  Dian was such a sweet soul. 

Glad to see some other names popping up here, but I'm so very sad to not see hers.

Cyn

KYCynn
                                    Participant

Cyn

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics