The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

OUCH

Participant

Dear Guys and Guyettes. 

Well I survived yet another bx.  this one HURT like the dickens.  I was frozen, (only skin)  but when he plunged what ever into my kidney, man I could not even yell our moan and groan as I was in middle of   "HOLD YOUR BREATH" routine.  But I am sure I whimpered enuff to let them know I was not a happy Bonnie Lea.

Dear Guys and Guyettes. 

Well I survived yet another bx.  this one HURT like the dickens.  I was frozen, (only skin)  but when he plunged what ever into my kidney, man I could not even yell our moan and groan as I was in middle of   "HOLD YOUR BREATH" routine.  But I am sure I whimpered enuff to let them know I was not a happy Bonnie Lea.

He tried a diff sort of way.  Did the pre contrast scan, got where he would see the kidney and lump clear and came back, told me and asked that I maintain that same amount of breath in lungs, as the kidney bobbed up to where he could get perfect view.  So that thought kept my mind focused and it worked, he was very pleased. 

tried the ultra sound prior to this as too many CT scans for me of late….. but it did not show very clear enuff for him to bx the spot.

Home after 5 hours  and stay in bed the rest of the time making up for 24 hours.  Results will (should) be in at my urologists office by next Friday, which amazes me, as first time was 21 days????   (think I slipped through cracks in his office)  but the doctor yesterday said DEF it be in both the urologists office and my little cute lady oncologist (at same hospital)

thats all for now.  Bright sunny day here,  kids have gone on a long day trip to visit their grandmother.   its a four hour drive there and 4 hours back. But she is 93 and felt she was tooo unhappy being here with us  (dark, cold she always said)  well same thing where she is with dear dear family friends who adore her.  It releived tons of stress from me.  Hard to look after a elderly disabled person  (deaf since birth, and now almost blind)  who refuses to acknowledge I am me, and a grown up.  ETC ETC

so I am well as can be expected.  Let you all know when I know.  Thanks for all your good wishes…continue to pray or what ever that this is NOT a met.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Yawn
        Participant

I can't believe what you've had to go through so far to find out what this is.  It's fucking ridiculous. I've been following your posts and waiting with you.  

Yawn
          Participant

I can't believe what you've had to go through so far to find out what this is.  It's fucking ridiculous. I've been following your posts and waiting with you.  

Yawn
            Participant

jag
              Participant

well, I hope this little story cheers you up Bonnie, Merry and I have been driving the van we had upfitted, she is now 20 weeks prego.  We don't know what the baby will be and are not in desperate need to find out.  The only thing I can say is that if this kid doesn't have blue eyes, the sperm bank has a lot o splaining to do.

Here is a link to what we bought.  It is completely unmarked as we have to be patient until Merry's non-compete contract expires before advertising, so essentially it looks just like this one, only all white.

http://www.mbsprinterusa.com/sprinter/cargo-van/specifications/2500-high-roof-170-wb-ext/5

I call it the great white whale.  

Anyway, was late to an appt, we had just finished surgery and were recovering time on the road.  This appt I had canceled the day before, and I get a phone call.   

Zoning is an issue in our neighborhood, so we need a place to park a 24ft truck, one complaint and we are out of business.  That and it needs to be plugged in overnight to charge it's batteries.  Friends with a local guy in town who out of the goodness of his heart(can't think of any other reason-oh yeah, he has coonhounds) gives us a free place to park and plug in overnight.  

This is the guy calling.  His wife just called him and told him how "one or both of the dogs" ate 6 used tampons Now a good place to park for free isn't easy to come by, I think I better fix this, before the dogs become completely obstructed.  As soon as a tampon gets wet it will expand.  If these things pass into any animals small intestines, things will block up and get real bad.  

Now coonhounds are just about the dumbest yet funny dogs I have had the priviledge to work with.  They are as strong as dobermans, geniuses at scent work, gentle as could be, and dumb as rocks for everything else.  

So here Merry(pregnant 20wks) and I are, chasing coonhounds around the backyard.  Of course to them it is just a big game.  The owner thinks we are hurting these things (nearly impossile considering they will keep bears and mtn lions at bay) I'm tackling them landing in the dirt and they are getting away like greased pigs.  We finally corner Delilah, force her to chug hydrogen peroxide, she wanders off, has a stupid semi-nauseous look on her face.  Then, along comes Red.  We have to do him too, even though it probably was Delilah, he usually is the innocent one, but since he is unwilling to talk , we get him, force him to drink hydrogen peroxide, until well, well, he kind of likes the taste of hydrogen peroxide so it is no big deal.  Delilah meanwhile is starting to feel her guts rumble and has that supersmart coonhound look that they always have, head up, wagging tail, panting, cocking her head back and forth when you say her name.  She starts to vomit.  After every vomit she does the classic coonhound bay, something I have never seen before.  2 dogs are vomiting now.  

Delilah brings up a tampon, 

Then another.

Red brings up a half eaten rawhide chew that he went ahead and swallowed without finishing, because well, dried leather is just to delicious to savor and chew slowly-and he is a coonhound.

Delilah brings up the remaining 4.  We scramble to pick them up before she figures out the things that were in her stomach are on the lawn.  I have actually had dogs do that.  Throw up and then eat what they just threw up because hey, it tasted good the first time and why not? I'm not taking that chance again considering how hard we worked to get these vomited in the first place.  

Victory!

2 lucky dogs, 1 happy owner, 2 beat up and dirty veterinarians.  

On to the appt we are already late for.

Feel better soon.  I will say a prayer that it is not a met.

Oh, and get that Yawn guy to use his super Apple computer tricks to get your results faster.  He has skills like that.

J.

Bonnie Lea
                  Participant

Gee…. Well Dan I for one think you are amazing.  It has been a hard row for you and I think we never can quite 'get over' the loss of a loved one.

I am blessed in my friends here, And you all continue to amaze me!  I just do what I have to do to keep sane, it could be alot worse for me and I am thankful things are still ok.  (unfort I seem to draw various problems to me)  dunno why! maybe in another life I was a BUG!  who knows.

I go see the urologist this coming Friday, and will find out (once and for all) what is happening.

Love Bonnie

Bonnie Lea
                    Participant

Gee…. Well Dan I for one think you are amazing.  It has been a hard row for you and I think we never can quite 'get over' the loss of a loved one.

I am blessed in my friends here, And you all continue to amaze me!  I just do what I have to do to keep sane, it could be alot worse for me and I am thankful things are still ok.  (unfort I seem to draw various problems to me)  dunno why! maybe in another life I was a BUG!  who knows.

I go see the urologist this coming Friday, and will find out (once and for all) what is happening.

Love Bonnie

Bonnie Lea
                      Participant

Love Bonnie

jag
                      Participant

well, I hope this little story cheers you up Bonnie, Merry and I have been driving the van we had upfitted, she is now 20 weeks prego.  We don't know what the baby will be and are not in desperate need to find out.  The only thing I can say is that if this kid doesn't have blue eyes, the sperm bank has a lot o splaining to do.

Here is a link to what we bought.  It is completely unmarked as we have to be patient until Merry's non-compete contract expires before advertising, so essentially it looks just like this one, only all white.

http://www.mbsprinterusa.com/sprinter/cargo-van/specifications/2500-high-roof-170-wb-ext/5

Anyway, was late to an appt, we had just finished surgery and were recovering time on the road.  This appt I had canceled the day before, and I get a phone call.   

Zoning is an issue in our neighborhood, so we need a place to park a 24ft truck, one complaint and we are out of business.  That and it needs to be plugged in overnight to charge it's batteries.  Friends with a local guy in town who out of the goodness of his heart(can't think of any other reason-oh yeah, he has coonhounds) gives us a free place to park and plug in overnight.  

This is the guy calling.  His wife just called him and told him how "one or both of the dogs" ate 6 used tampons Now a good place to park for free isn't easy to come by, I think I better fix this, before the dogs become completely obstructed.  As soon as a tampon gets wet it will expand.  If these things pass into any animals small intestines, things will block up and get real bad.  

Now coonhounds are just about the dumbest yet funny dogs I have had the priviledge to work with.  They are as strong as dobermans, geniuses at scent work, gentle as could be, and dumb as rocks for everything else.  

So here Merry(pregnant 20wks) and I are, chasing coonhounds around the backyard.  Of course to them it is just a big game.  The owner thinks we are hurting these things (nearly impossile considering they will keep bears and mtn lions at bay) I'm tackling them landing in the dirt and they are getting away like greased pigs.  We finally corner Delilah, force her to chug hydrogen peroxide, she wanders off, has a stupid semi-nauseous look on her face.  Then, along comes Red.  We have to do him too, even though it probably was Delilah, he usually is the innocent one, but since he is unwilling to talk , we get him, force him to drink hydrogen peroxide, until well, well, he kind of likes the taste of hydrogen peroxide so it is no big deal.  Delilah meanwhile is starting to feel her guts rumble and has that supersmart coonhound look that they always have, head up, wagging tail, panting, cocking her head back and forth when you say her name.  She starts to vomit.  After every vomit she does the classic coonhound bay, something I have never seen before.  2 dogs are vomiting now.  

Then another.

Red brings up a half eaten rawhide chew that he went ahead and swallowed without finishing, because well, dried leather is just to delicious to savor and chew slowly-and he is a coonhound.

Delilah brings up the remaining 4.  We scramble to pick them up before she figures out the things that were in her stomach are on the lawn.  I have actually had dogs do that.  Throw up and then eat what they just threw up because hey, it tasted good the first time and why not? I'm not taking that chance again considering how hard we worked to get these vomited in the first place.  

Victory!

Oh, and get that Yawn guy to use his super Apple computer tricks to get your results faster.  He has skills like that.

J.

jag
                        Participant

Then another.

Victory!

J.

Nad T
                          Participant

You are amazing.

I wish I was…

Danny

Nad T
                            Participant

You are amazing.

I wish I was…

Danny

Nad T
                              Participant

You are amazing.

I wish I was…

Danny

Kim K
                                Participant

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, I got the tampon thing in the clinic one day…. One of the techs asked if it was used, I stared at her dumbstruck thinking WTF?  Who cares so long as it comes out the easy way.  Then it sank in, they would be the ones to clean it up.  (Of course it is used, kind of like candy on a string!)  Then again, my lab is so dumb he would probably chew on a fresh one just to prove me wrong.

6 though?? DAMN, clean the trash more often!!!  LMAO all over again.

I used peroxide for the same thing when my greyhound pointer stole a baggie of beef jerky at over $8 / pound.  It still had the twist tie and all.  She inhaled it so I wouldn't take it away from her.  I did her one better and wound up having to use a half bottle of peroxide and shaking her stomach before she very reluctantly gave up her prize.

I tossed the bag into the river to destroy the evidence.  An hour or so later the neigbor stopped by to see if our dogs snuck off with his stash.  Who me????  Carrot still looked a little guilty and had a slime drool stuck on the side of her mouth.  Her slinking around didn't help either.

I miss her, she was great.

Take care, and damn, I seriously think you are using mel to try to get "cosmetic" plastic surgery so your insurance will pay.  *smirk*.  Hell I did IL-2 and got not one, but 2 chemical facial peels and a weight loss plan (put it back on though).  Insurance paid for it but probably would rather have paid for a facelift after everything was totalled. 

Merry X-mas, 

Kim K

Kim K
                                  Participant

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, I got the tampon thing in the clinic one day…. One of the techs asked if it was used, I stared at her dumbstruck thinking WTF?  Who cares so long as it comes out the easy way.  Then it sank in, they would be the ones to clean it up.  (Of course it is used, kind of like candy on a string!)  Then again, my lab is so dumb he would probably chew on a fresh one just to prove me wrong.

I used peroxide for the same thing when my greyhound pointer stole a baggie of beef jerky at over $8 / pound.  It still had the twist tie and all.  She inhaled it so I wouldn't take it away from her.  I did her one better and wound up having to use a half bottle of peroxide and shaking her stomach before she very reluctantly gave up her prize.

I tossed the bag into the river to destroy the evidence.  An hour or so later the neigbor stopped by to see if our dogs snuck off with his stash.  Who me????  Carrot still looked a little guilty and had a slime drool stuck on the side of her mouth.  Her slinking around didn't help either.

Take care, and damn, I seriously think you are using mel to try to get "cosmetic" plastic surgery so your insurance will pay.  *smirk*.  Hell I did IL-2 and got not one, but 2 chemical facial peels and a weight loss plan (put it back on though).  Insurance paid for it but probably would rather have paid for a facelift after everything was totalled. 

Merry X-mas, 

Kim K

Kim K
                                    Participant

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry X-mas, 

Kim K

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics