The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Opdivo Story lol

Forums General Melanoma Community Opdivo Story lol

Inactive
      I never post on here, I’ve sat back silently for 1.5 years. Stage 4, on Opdivo for a year, after BRAF combo initially. Anyway I see some people here quarreling, life is too short for that! I wanted to give you all a good laugh so here’s my story:

I’m in my early 30s and in decent shape (former college/pro football player) I try to maintain my appearance the best I can. I used to have a fire engine red beard, after a month of Opdivo all the color in my beard dissapered, I looked light Santa! So I know that vitiligo is a side effect and a good one.
      So fast forward a year on Opdivo, I was using the men’s room today, and I noticed my genitals now have bleach white spots all over it. Yep I have vitiligo on my parts, I’ll laugh and take it as a good sign.

Be good everyone, cannabis helps, and be good to one another

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

Thanks for the smile this morning, humor (and I'm glad you can see it that way) is a good thing!

Bubbles
          Participant

That is awesome!!!  For the laugh and the reality!  Here's to a whiter shade of pale!!! celeste

CancerSpouse
            Participant

Great story, Annonymous! Now we'll be able to figure out who you are, but only in a full-body lineup.Thanks for making me laugh out loud. ~ Carol 

Julie in SoCal
              Participant

Oh my! This is a hoot!  Thanks for the laughs!

Julie

jazztubs
                  Participant

Right on brother! I'm with ya…After 6 cycles of IL-2, by sideburns greyed out.  Fast forward to about 2 years after and around 6 months ago when I started Opdivo, in a matter of weeks my chin went grey.  My wife finally gave up on controlling my facial hair situation and I've grown a fat grey beard.  Dig it! Melanoma sucks, but at least I have my divine facial haircheeky  The grey has yet to go south…but who knows!

CindyJ
                  Participant

On my parts. LOL. Thanks for the giggle! 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics