The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Opdivo or pembro

Forums General Melanoma Community Opdivo or pembro

Participant
      Hi Folks,

Have you ever seen any comparison between pembro and opdivo?

What do you think about those 2 drugs?

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

In a nutshell: they are the same drug made by different pharmaceutical companies. So, I doubt there is much difference. They are both great drugs and do very well for most patients.

TexMelanomex
          Participant

I think its one of those questions like "What's better, Ford or Chevy". If someone has a good response to either of these it will be their favorite although the data that I've seen and read matches them up pretty equally. I do think Bubbles has some data that shows a slight edge to the Opdivo/Ippy combo over Pembro alone, but I'm pretty sure it also comes with signficantly more SEs than either alone. I am on Keytruda currently and if I have clear scans in January you can bet I'll be singing the praises of Keytruda from the rooftops! I can say that I am tolerating Keytruda extremely well, but as far as results, only time will tell. Check out Bubble's blog because its loaded with awesome data and she takes the time to sift through the clinical terms and spells out the results in very clear language.

This is not the exact link but it will get you to her site.

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/search?q=Keytruda

obtu.bt
              Participant
                Perfect thanks a lot
          Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics