The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Opdivo

Participant

My Mom was diagnosed. She found the tumor on her leg, it was found in nearby lymph node, but none was found in the neighboring nodes. So tumor removed lymph nodes tested, she started taking Opdivo, for like 11 months the side effects got so bad her oncologist said to stop.

The side effects are rough, lymph node removal lead to lymph edema in her leg, constantly nauseous, and too week to enjoy the grandkids. So she took prednisone to alleviate the side effects, but has a blown pituitary, low grade guillian-barre.

how long does this last? 

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        MarkR
        Participant

I can only answer on the blow pituitary as mine failed as well and i’ve Been told that it’s for life.  Personally I’m not too worried – at the moment I take 5mg Pred daily as compensation and I carry on living.  I’m afraid I haven’t experienced the others so can’t help you there

all the best

Mark

neilarama2017
            Participant

Has she tried a lymphedima pump for the swelling.  Most insurances will cover one, I use mine for my arm a few times a week and it definately helps, Tough with the leg as its mostly in the down position.  But elevating it when not standing along with ice could help.  Best of luck..

Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics