The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

“Only” two more brain tumors

Forums General Melanoma Community “Only” two more brain tumors

Participant

it's kind of funny how you can get so used to bad news, that something like two small brain tumors is kind of a relief. The scans tody showed that all 7 previously treated tumors are melting – but there were two new ones. It could have been much worse – like a whole bunch of them and then we'd have the whole brain radiation discussion. But "only" two. "Scan and zap" said my wife – so yes, next week she has Cyberknife on them. Ain't technology grand?

it's kind of funny how you can get so used to bad news, that something like two small brain tumors is kind of a relief. The scans tody showed that all 7 previously treated tumors are melting – but there were two new ones. It could have been much worse – like a whole bunch of them and then we'd have the whole brain radiation discussion. But "only" two. "Scan and zap" said my wife – so yes, next week she has Cyberknife on them. Ain't technology grand?

So it seems that nothwitsstanding active CNS disease – the brain part is being controlled. That just leaves the uncontrolled spinal involvement  – so at least we can concentrate our efforts.

Nick

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        mombase
        Participant

Yes, technology IS grand. This news sounds so much more hopeful than the news from a few days ago. This must be a huge relief to both Meagan and you! I am so happy for you both!

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
          Participant

Yes, technology IS grand. This news sounds so much more hopeful than the news from a few days ago. This must be a huge relief to both Meagan and you! I am so happy for you both!

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
            Participant

Cristy, Stage IV

King
              Participant

Nick,

You and your wife have amazing attitudes and such determination.  When I'm on MPIP and see a post from you, I always read it.  Unfortunately, I'm usually speechless as how to respond.

Thanks for keeping us updated.  I'm sure many are following your story.

Enjoy this bit of good news.

Stay Strong
                King

Stage IV 7/05  Liver mets

King
                Participant

Nick,

You and your wife have amazing attitudes and such determination.  When I'm on MPIP and see a post from you, I always read it.  Unfortunately, I'm usually speechless as how to respond.

Stay Strong
                  King

King
                  Participant

Nick,

Stay Strong
                    King

Fen
                    Participant

King is right, Nick.  I don't reply to your posts, but each one brings additional prayers.  I am in awe of your family and the love that you and your wife have instilled in your sons.   Please keep us updated.

fen

NYKaren
                        Participant

I just read your profile, Nick.  I see that we both have sons that came home from distant colleges because of their mothers' melanoma.  That's pretty Grand!

I too wish you both the best and look forward to reading your updates.

karen

NYKaren
                          Participant

I just read your profile, Nick.  I see that we both have sons that came home from distant colleges because of their mothers' melanoma.  That's pretty Grand!

karen

NYKaren
                            Participant

karen

Fen
                            Participant

King is right, Nick.  I don't reply to your posts, but each one brings additional prayers.  I am in awe of your family and the love that you and your wife have instilled in your sons.   Please keep us updated.

fen

Fen
                              Participant

fen

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics