The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Online Fundraiser for MRF hosted by me :)

Forums General Melanoma Community Online Fundraiser for MRF hosted by me :)

Participant

My friend Pete lost his best friend Larry Poplawski to melanoma 10 years ago and recently hosted his 9thannual golf outing in memory of Larry to benefit the Melanoma Research Foundation.  As a melanoma survivor, I have been honored to help Pete with his outing for the past three years and would like to add on to his fundraiser.

My friend Pete lost his best friend Larry Poplawski to melanoma 10 years ago and recently hosted his 9thannual golf outing in memory of Larry to benefit the Melanoma Research Foundation.  As a melanoma survivor, I have been honored to help Pete with his outing for the past three years and would like to add on to his fundraiser.

From August 1stthrough August 10thI am hosting an online fundraiser to benefit the Melanoma Research Foundation by donating all of my commission to MRF from my Thirty-One Gifts independent consultant sales. This means that 25% of the proceeds from any order placed with my Thirty-One account will be donated to MRF.  If you would like to place an order please go to http://www.mythirtyone.com/tracywelgeand select “Place an Order.”  Then choose the 9th Annual Lawrence Poplawski Memorial Golf Outing Event.

Please share this with your friends, family, coworkers, teachers, etc. Sometimes people are more willing to donate to a cause if they get something in return (like maybe a cute tote)!

Thirty-One Gifts is a direct sales company that sells totes, bags and organizational products that can be personalized. Please note that Thirty-One is not donating to MRF. All donations will come from my commissions. If you have any questions, please post them here or email me:  welgetracy(at)gmail.com. 

Thank you,

Tracy Welge

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Charlie S
        Participant

Wow, talk about voices from the past.  It has been like eleven or twelve years ago on this very board that I first exchanged thoughts about melanoma with Mary Poplawski who, as you know was Larry's wife.  And in one of those Deja Vu moments, I still remember exactly where I was when receiving word that Larry had died. .

For sure, I will buy something and snatch your commission to remember Larry..  Although I know Mary has moved on and re-married; if you can,, please send her family my regards…..my e-mail is the same now as it was then.

Charlie S

Tracy Chicago
            Participant

Charlie, that is so amazing that you have a melanoma connection to Larry and Mary. His kids are doing great and they attend the fundraiser every year. Such a great family.  I will pass your message on to my friend Pete who can then send it on to Mary. I'm sure she will be happy to hear you are doing well.

Thank you for supporting the fundraiser in his memory.

Tracy

Tracy Chicago
              Participant

Charlie, that is so amazing that you have a melanoma connection to Larry and Mary. His kids are doing great and they attend the fundraiser every year. Such a great family.  I will pass your message on to my friend Pete who can then send it on to Mary. I'm sure she will be happy to hear you are doing well.

Tracy

Tracy Chicago
                Participant

Tracy

Tracy Chicago
                  Participant

Hi Charlie,

Just checking in to see if you still wanted to do an order through my fundraiser for MRF. We extended the closing date to August 20th.

Thanks!

Tracy

Tracy Chicago
                    Participant

Hi Charlie,

Just checking in to see if you still wanted to do an order through my fundraiser for MRF. We extended the closing date to August 20th.

Thanks!

Tracy

Tracy Chicago
                      Participant

Hi Charlie,

Thanks!

Tracy

Charlie S
                      Participant

Wow, talk about voices from the past.  It has been like eleven or twelve years ago on this very board that I first exchanged thoughts about melanoma with Mary Poplawski who, as you know was Larry's wife.  And in one of those Deja Vu moments, I still remember exactly where I was when receiving word that Larry had died. .

For sure, I will buy something and snatch your commission to remember Larry..  Although I know Mary has moved on and re-married; if you can,, please send her family my regards…..my e-mail is the same now as it was then.

Charlie S

Charlie S
                        Participant

Charlie S

Tracy Chicago
                          Participant

I forgot to mention the special for August is for every $31 you spend you get 50% off any item in the Spirit Collection. Personalization is $5.

Thanks,

Tracy

Tracy Chicago
                            Participant

I forgot to mention the special for August is for every $31 you spend you get 50% off any item in the Spirit Collection. Personalization is $5.

Thanks,

Tracy

Tracy Chicago
                              Participant

Thanks,

Tracy

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics