The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

One year scans on Monday!

Forums General Melanoma Community One year scans on Monday!

Participant

Hey Warriors, I've been off the grid for a few months and really just focusing on myself and my business. All is well! Down to MDA on Sunday for the next round of 3 month scans and another round of Pembro, If all goes as planned it will be one year of clear scans and another step closer to being done with immunotherapy.

I truly hope this all finds you all fighting hard and winning this battle. I feel like I need to spend several hours on here to get caught up on everyone and meet the new Warriors. Even though I may be absent from time to time know that I am keeping all of you fighting the good fight in my thoughts and prayers.

WARRIOR ON!

Tex

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        Coragirl
        Participant

Wishing you the best with your scans! You were one of the first people to offer me support last year, I thank you for that and hope you are able to say goodbye to melanoma for a very long time!

TexMelanomex
            Participant

Thanks Amie! All clear on the scans!

BillB
            Participant

Good luck!!!!!!

TexMelanomex
                Participant

Thanks Bill! All results were good!

jbronicki
                Participant

Hey Tex,

Sorry, just saw this!  Good luck!  Let me know if you need anything at all, I'm done with my work meetings at noon, just 20 minutes away from MD Anderson, can be there in a flash.

Sending the NED vibes out now.

TexMelanomex
                    Participant

Hi Jackie! Full day of scans today and treatment tomorrow. I'll check in on here later to see if you have any availability today or tomorrow. I think we get there early tomorrow like 0745 for ultrasound and then Dr. Ross & Dr. Amaria later in the morning and then the 'juice bar' at 1:00.

Best,

Tex

jbronicki
                    Participant

Sounds good Tex, don't feel obligated at all.  But if you do need company, I don't have any meetings tomorrow so open all day and open the rest of the day today.  

Feel free to email me at [email protected] or [email protected] if you need a non-medicated beverage such as coffee 🙂  I know MD Anderson has those carts go round the floors but I can bring you the good stuff like Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, etc.

TexMelanomex
                        Participant

Thanks Jackie, Sorry time never allowed to meet up. It seems like some days at MDA are a whirlwhind and other days drag on…an on. By the time I got done with my infusion we needed to get on the road to try to beat the outbound evening traffic. I look forward to meeting up with you guys on another visit if you have the time.

PS Scans were all clear and I just hit the one year NED mark!

Best,

Tex

sing123
                        Participant

The best of luck with your scan!

TexMelanomex
                            Participant

Thank you Cindy! Scans were good!

Viewing 4 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics