The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

One Round Of Temodar And Feeling Good

Forums General Melanoma Community One Round Of Temodar And Feeling Good

Participant

I did my first cycle of Temodar a couple of weeks ago — 5 days on. Thanks to the Zofran and the dosing schedule the pharmacist gave me, I had no issues with nausea or vomiting. My only side effect besides a dip in my appetite was three days, starting on my last day of taking the capsules, of feeling so dog tired that I could barely get out of bed. But then I started to rebound and for the last 2 weeks I have felt better than I have in months.

I see Dr. Sharfman on Monday, and I can't wait to ask him whether the way I'm feeling is from just once cycle of the medication or whether it's just a coincidence. Either way, I'll take it. Now I'm getting ready to be beaten down by another round of radiation. Hopefully that plus the Temodar will clear up my brain mets and allow me to get into another trial in the next few months. But in the short term things are going well!

-Bill

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        gopher38
        Participant

Well, "all my tumors magically melted away" would have been better, but this sounds better than a shart stick in the eye.  Glad you're feeling better and things appear to be going in the right direction.

mrsaxde
            Participant

Thanks! I guess I should have also said that several skin spots that had appeared over the past couple of months appear to be stable and nothing new is growing on my skin. I know Temodar is a short term fix, but at this point I'll go with anything that improves my quality of life.

-Bill

Bubbles
            Participant

Hey Bill!  Glad you are feeling better…whatever the reason!  Hang in there.  You are one tough cookie!  Celeste

jbronicki
              Participant

So glad you are feeling better Bill.  Hoping for radiation to be tolerable and quickly zap those mets so you can get back into another trial.  Just glad you have some relief in terms of QOL right now.  all appendages crossed for quick success!

BrianP
                Participant

That sounds great Bill.  Hope you can keep the momentum going right into a new trial.

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics