The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

One of the lucky ones Taf/Mek

Forums General Melanoma Community One of the lucky ones Taf/Mek

Participant

Hi All,

Just wanted to post real quick recent scans show NED!!! After being on (sometimes off) various doses of tafinlar mekinist combo I am mel free! Wow, can't even believe it! 

Have been on almost a year so i was honestly not expecting the good news.  Even the last lingering 2mm lung nodule has disappeared.  Oncology appointment tomorrow. Not sure where we go from here…any thoughts?  Will i be on meds indefinitely?

Ugh, just trying to enjoy the news and clearing "thoughts" from my head!

Laurie

2002 stage 1

2010 stage 3 – radical groin dissection

2015 stage 4 – lung, retroperinoteal/para aortic – Taf/Mek combo

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Patrisa
        Participant

Wow mom3girlsFL,

that is fantastic news, sooo happy for you!

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
          Participant

Wow mom3girlsFL,

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
            Participant

Wow mom3girlsFL,

Love,

Patrisa

debwray
              Participant

Lovely to hear some hear some good news. Long may it continue !

Best wishes

Deb

debwray
                Participant

Best wishes

Deb

debwray
                  Participant

Best wishes

Deb

Yvette
                    Participant

Great news!!!

Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated on your next steps. I'm only 5 months in on the combo and the side effects are finally starting to calm down. Living a more 'normal' life has been such a wonderful break. 

Yvette 

(Responder to taf/mek combo, 2013 stage 1b – primary on scalp, 2016 stage 4 – lungs, pancreas, liver)

Yvette
                      Participant

Great news!!!

Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated on your next steps. I'm only 5 months in on the combo and the side effects are finally starting to calm down. Living a more 'normal' life has been such a wonderful break. 

Yvette 

(Responder to taf/mek combo, 2013 stage 1b – primary on scalp, 2016 stage 4 – lungs, pancreas, liver)

Yvette
                        Participant

Great news!!!

Yvette 

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics