The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

One more round to go

Forums General Melanoma Community One more round to go

Participant

One more round to go and that will be March 2 and I  will have completed the two 12 week cycles which means I would have had 72 injections of the peptides- Two with gp100:209-217(210M) Peptide, Two with MART-1:26-35(27L) Peptide, One with gp100:280-288(288V) Peptide, one with NY-ESO-1 Peptide / Montanide ISA 51 VG every other week in alternating thighs and 12 IV doses of MDX 1106.

I remain humbly NED! March 25 will be my one year anniversary of NED!

One more round to go and that will be March 2 and I  will have completed the two 12 week cycles which means I would have had 72 injections of the peptides- Two with gp100:209-217(210M) Peptide, Two with MART-1:26-35(27L) Peptide, One with gp100:280-288(288V) Peptide, one with NY-ESO-1 Peptide / Montanide ISA 51 VG every other week in alternating thighs and 12 IV doses of MDX 1106.

I remain humbly NED! March 25 will be my one year anniversary of NED!

Today I have made it 2 weeks of going back to work. I am in training to get my FL certification – I love social work and helping others…child welfare is awesome! Training goes on for another 8 weeks or so and it's tough for me right now…body is still exhausted and out of shape but I am pushing myself and I will get my endurance back, The depression and the neg. thoughts I think is what holds me down a lot of the time.

I will probably  have a serious pary on March 26…everyone welcome to attend!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        debbieVA
        Participant

Congrats on finishing up treatment and getting back to life!  Life is good in NEDville!

Debbie Stage 4 NED

debbieVA
          Participant

Congrats on finishing up treatment and getting back to life!  Life is good in NEDville!

Debbie Stage 4 NED

JakeinNY
            Participant

Congratulations. I hope that you overcome the mental part very soon too.

Best wishes for a long life, one day at a time.

dawn dion
                Participant

Big Congrats on being NED!!!!!!  That is truly wonderful!   you mentioned you live in Florida – I do also, center of the state, Leesburg to be exact.  I was wondering about the treatment course you chose –  and where you get your treatmeants.   I go to Moffett and I'm planning to have a very big discussion this week with my dr. I have been given very little info on my options and I feel like I am being pushed one way or the other.    Any insight you could give me would be much appreciated.    I was recently dx stage 4 with two small girls and believe me this is extreamly frightening and confusing.    

Thanks

Hugs and Smiles ๐Ÿ™‚

Dawn

LynnLuc
                  Participant

Hi Dawn…I live in Dunnellon I …actually I live between Dunnellon and Ocala! I am doing Dr Weber's trial- Phase I Study of Anti-PD-1 Human Monoclonal Antibody MDX-1106 and Vaccine Therapy Comprising gp100:209-217(210M) Peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) Peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) Peptide, NY-ESO-1 Peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG in Patients With Resected Stage IV Melanoma   http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/view?cdrid=682183&version=healthprofessional

I  go to Moffitt and have Dr Weber. I wouldn't change doctors for anything! He is very informative and personable…easy to talk to. I know that all the docs there are not as helpful as he is…and I don't know if I would trust anyone else for my care. I also know it's impossible to change doctors once you start treatment there…Dr Weber answers his own e-mail and calls his patients…even on the weekends!

what's your status…how much melanoma do you have?

They have this sister trial of mine for those who still have melanoma…http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/view?cdrid=682171&version=HealthProfessional&protocolsearchid=8828184

They also have the compassionate trial of Ipi down there…They have several trials…for me I won't do conventional chemo and opted to stay with immunotherapy …I did do some radiation, several months of Temodar and surgery before I landed here…it's a journey and I am so far blessed!

No one wants to die and so we pray and seek out the best possible treatments that our gut says will benefit us the most…I remember when Mayo Clinic said I had 6-9 months to live…I was in a panic for quite awhile…

what have you done so far and where is the melanoma located…where did it originate at…

LynnLuc
                    Participant

Hi Dawn…I live in Dunnellon I …actually I live between Dunnellon and Ocala! I am doing Dr Weber's trial- Phase I Study of Anti-PD-1 Human Monoclonal Antibody MDX-1106 and Vaccine Therapy Comprising gp100:209-217(210M) Peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) Peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) Peptide, NY-ESO-1 Peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG in Patients With Resected Stage IV Melanoma   http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/view?cdrid=682183&version=healthprofessional

I  go to Moffitt and have Dr Weber. I wouldn't change doctors for anything! He is very informative and personable…easy to talk to. I know that all the docs there are not as helpful as he is…and I don't know if I would trust anyone else for my care. I also know it's impossible to change doctors once you start treatment there…Dr Weber answers his own e-mail and calls his patients…even on the weekends!

what's your status…how much melanoma do you have?

They have this sister trial of mine for those who still have melanoma…http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/view?cdrid=682171&version=HealthProfessional&protocolsearchid=8828184

They also have the compassionate trial of Ipi down there…They have several trials…for me I won't do conventional chemo and opted to stay with immunotherapy …I did do some radiation, several months of Temodar and surgery before I landed here…it's a journey and I am so far blessed!

No one wants to die and so we pray and seek out the best possible treatments that our gut says will benefit us the most…I remember when Mayo Clinic said I had 6-9 months to live…I was in a panic for quite awhile…

what have you done so far and where is the melanoma located…where did it originate at…

dawn dion
                      Participant

Big Congrats on being NED!!!!!!  That is truly wonderful!   you mentioned you live in Florida – I do also, center of the state, Leesburg to be exact.  I was wondering about the treatment course you chose –  and where you get your treatmeants.   I go to Moffett and I'm planning to have a very big discussion this week with my dr. I have been given very little info on my options and I feel like I am being pushed one way or the other.    Any insight you could give me would be much appreciated.    I was recently dx stage 4 with two small girls and believe me this is extreamly frightening and confusing.    

Thanks

Hugs and Smiles ๐Ÿ™‚

Dawn

JakeinNY
                      Participant

Congratulations. I hope that you overcome the mental part very soon too.

Best wishes for a long life, one day at a time.

jag
                        Participant

Lynnluc, 

Very happy to hear that you are doing so well.

May you be NED for many years to come. 

jag
                          Participant

Lynnluc, 

Very happy to hear that you are doing so well.

May you be NED for many years to come. 

Suzan AB
                            Participant

Wonderful News!  I am so excited for you and thank you for giving us all so much hope.  Rock On Sista!

My best to you and yours,

Suzan AB

Stage IV, lung mets…in a holding pattern til Friday…

Vermont_Donna
                                Participant

Hi Lynnluc,

Congrats on your treatment and almost NED status. I too am a social worker (LICSW) and have worked in child welfare. Most recently I worked as a mental health clinician in an elementary school, an alternative high school and an adult basice ed/alternative adult ed program. Busy to say the least. I left my job in December due to partaking in the Ipi clinical trial and not knowing how I would respond/react, also I have two poorly healing leg wounds (8 months duration so far) and am on narcotics for pain relief. Good luck to you rejoining the work force and doing the work you do…you are to be commended!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                                  Participant

Hi Lynnluc,

Congrats on your treatment and almost NED status. I too am a social worker (LICSW) and have worked in child welfare. Most recently I worked as a mental health clinician in an elementary school, an alternative high school and an adult basice ed/alternative adult ed program. Busy to say the least. I left my job in December due to partaking in the Ipi clinical trial and not knowing how I would respond/react, also I have two poorly healing leg wounds (8 months duration so far) and am on narcotics for pain relief. Good luck to you rejoining the work force and doing the work you do…you are to be commended!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Suzan AB
                                  Participant

Wonderful News!  I am so excited for you and thank you for giving us all so much hope.  Rock On Sista!

My best to you and yours,

Suzan AB

Stage IV, lung mets…in a holding pattern til Friday…

King
                                    Participant

Congratulations!  You are doing great.  It's okay to push but not too hard…that body needs rest as well.  Take it from one who knows. ๐Ÿ™‚

Keep us posted and celebrate big!

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                                      Participant

Congratulations!  You are doing great.  It's okay to push but not too hard…that body needs rest as well.  Take it from one who knows. ๐Ÿ™‚

Keep us posted and celebrate big!

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics