The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

On to an Almost NED next seven weeks

Forums General Melanoma Community On to an Almost NED next seven weeks

Participant

My oncologist at the University of Michigan, Dr. Lao, read and reported Thursday on the scans done  the previous week.  My brain MRI showed the two tumors that had been shrunk in December through SRS were stable, with one of them smaller, though the other did show some hematoma.  The PET scan was clear exepct for a suspected met in the left buttock.  Recommendation was to watch and wait to see if this very small supposed tumor grows with scans taken again in 7 weeks.  Dr.

My oncologist at the University of Michigan, Dr. Lao, read and reported Thursday on the scans done  the previous week.  My brain MRI showed the two tumors that had been shrunk in December through SRS were stable, with one of them smaller, though the other did show some hematoma.  The PET scan was clear exepct for a suspected met in the left buttock.  Recommendation was to watch and wait to see if this very small supposed tumor grows with scans taken again in 7 weeks.  Dr. Paul Chapman at Sloane, whom i have been seeing for second opinions and saw again this morning, agrees but has more doubts that what is showing up on the scan in my butt is actually a met.  He recommends if it grows to SRS it.  It's very nice to think I have seven weeks to live and not be treated, just having finished my ipi infusions four weeks ago.  Side effects from that, fatigue, rash, and itching, have quieted down but are still with me every other day or so.  Never quite sure what is going to pop up when.  But Dr. Lao ranks me among his "best" 5% patients on ipi. He means manageable, I think.  No way you know the results yet.  Just know things have been quiet.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          Congrats! 7 weeks off? Jealous!! Enjoy your time and celebrate!

-Amy

awillett1991
          Participant

-Amy

awillett1991
            Participant

-Amy

Tina D
              Participant

Wow! Enjoy your time off and may it be continued by MANY more weeks/months and years off treatment πŸ™‚   . This is good news, and I am glad to hear it. Having things "quiet" is a wonderful reprieve, I am sure!

Thank you for sharing your encouraging report πŸ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                Participant

Wow! Enjoy your time off and may it be continued by MANY more weeks/months and years off treatment πŸ™‚   . This is good news, and I am glad to hear it. Having things "quiet" is a wonderful reprieve, I am sure!

Tina

Tina D
                  Participant

Tina

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics