The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Old board was much better

Forums General Melanoma Community Old board was much better

Participant

You could see everything on the old board – who responded and what responce was given by whom by scrolling…

read what you needed or may need later,  helpful info – easy to use..

It may be that I’m too old to learn new tricks, but the old way was much better than this new board…

Is there any – like voting for what the majority wants – regarding the board, or not??

Hopefully, we’ll get back to the ‘old way’ soon..

Nancy/Maryland

You could see everything on the old board – who responded and what responce was given by whom by scrolling…

read what you needed or may need later,  helpful info – easy to use..

It may be that I’m too old to learn new tricks, but the old way was much better than this new board…

Is there any – like voting for what the majority wants – regarding the board, or not??

Hopefully, we’ll get back to the ‘old way’ soon..

Nancy/Maryland

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Tim–MRF

Nancy:

When you open the board you see the topics listed and, to the right of the topic, a list of everyone who has responded to that topic.

If you hit the arrow next to the post, the post is expanded and you can read the post and all the replies.  Or you can hit "expand all" and you can see all of the posts and all of the replies.

If you click on the name of the person who posted  you go to their PatNet or Profile page.

The topics are listed in date order by the most recent posting on that topic.  This way if a posting results in several replies it stays on the top of the list instead of getting pushed down. 

It is different from the old system, but I think it is more flexible and actually easier to find information on who has replied.

Tim

NicOz
          Participant

Each to their own, I suppose… but I find I much prefer the new board. I find it far easier to navigate and search (both on the main board and in the archives) The only thing I find a little frustrating is the humongous "site list" links below which takes up space that I feel would be better utilised to allow more posts on a single page- I feel a link to the site map would be sufficient? Anyway, all in all I find it an improvement and will be likely to visit more frequently because of it.

Nic

Nancy
              Participant

Any new people coming to this board, will never know what the initals stand for i.e.  NED – WBR -granted, some of us oldies weren’t born computer smart, so if the topic line doesn’t spell it out,  we are at a loss..Like I said, I’m an oldie – dumb as rocks….I’m happy Buddy has had a good day, and so have I..

Nancy/Maryland

NicOz
                Participant

Oh you are not as "dumb as rocks", Nancy! When I was first diagnosed I didn’t know what many acronyms stood for either.

You raise a good point regarding the acronyms- I think that’s something that they may have to add separately or link to the Glossary… though I think it would be best as a pop up list easily accessed on the left hand side as most people will come across the acronyms while reading the board.

I’m glad you and Buddy had a good day- may they keep on coming…

(Just realised my motto could easily be misconstrued, but it really is MY motto- "Get on with it"  is what I tell myself every day… It’s my mental slap upside the head :D)

Nic

Nancy
                  Participant

Thanks Nic,

I think I need a mental slap these days also.  ๐Ÿ™‚

I can get used to anything – I’ve kept Buddy for 42 1/2 years ๐Ÿ™‚

It does get easier – but I still like the old format – for me – was easier – but, hell, I’ll go along with anything—

more important things going on right now-like me and 4 grand children are staying in pop-up camper over weekend..that should be real easy…No parents! just granny—and no good food – only junk food ๐Ÿ™‚

jag
                    Participant

Nic, I changed my mind, I just wrote on your blog that the new board format sucked.

I changed my mind though.

As your saying goes, "Get on with it"  

Viewing 1 reply thread
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics