The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Official scan results

Forums General Melanoma Community Official scan results

Participant

I just got my scan report from my ct scan. It states… Liver is normal in size and ct density. There is a sub cm hypoattenuating lesion in segment 6 , not definitively seen on prior outside hospital pet/ct scan. My question is… Could it have been on the other scan and missed? What is all of this really saying? I'm really praying it is a cyst or maybe a false positive. Thanks for all your help.

is this pretty much just saying the same thing that my last post- spot on liver- is saying? Sorry to keep asking questions- I'm just trying to understand!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Polymath
        Participant

Hello Happy Girl,

Unfortunately, the jury remains out.  I've had that same description applied to lesions on liver and they turned out to be cysts.  Yours is still small, and could have been missed previously.  Bottom line is you will need to wait until at least your next set of scans to note change.  A cyst will likely stay the same size.  Should the lesion grow, it will then be easier to confirm what it is exactly.  For now my past advice stands.  Stay happy, and don't think about it.

Gary

Polymath
          Participant

Hello Happy Girl,

Unfortunately, the jury remains out.  I've had that same description applied to lesions on liver and they turned out to be cysts.  Yours is still small, and could have been missed previously.  Bottom line is you will need to wait until at least your next set of scans to note change.  A cyst will likely stay the same size.  Should the lesion grow, it will then be easier to confirm what it is exactly.  For now my past advice stands.  Stay happy, and don't think about it.

Gary

Polymath
            Participant

Hello Happy Girl,

Gary

Toby0987
                Participant

I had the exact same thing. My doctor said it was nothing-other than something to make me nervous. He said the melanoma he has seen lights up bright. My onc couldn't officially say but he said no big deal. I hate PETS! They are necessary but I get so darn nervous after them. I've had them since early 13 and I have yet to get a completely clear -just a bunch of false positives and liver spots (still 3b)

Toby0987
                  Participant

I had the exact same thing. My doctor said it was nothing-other than something to make me nervous. He said the melanoma he has seen lights up bright. My onc couldn't officially say but he said no big deal. I hate PETS! They are necessary but I get so darn nervous after them. I've had them since early 13 and I have yet to get a completely clear -just a bunch of false positives and liver spots (still 3b)

Toby0987
                    Participant

Happy_girl
                      Participant

Thank you for your thoughts!  It is appreciated!

Happy_girl
                        Participant

Happy_girl
                          Participant

Happy_girl
                            Participant

Trying to stay happy! Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy_girl
                              Participant

Happy_girl
                                Participant

Prd10
                                Participant

Hi –

Sorry you are dealing with this.  I just went through the same thing in March.  Have you spoken to your oncologist about this yet?  I've had things pop up on lungs, kidney and liver and my oncologist has always been clear on what he's not concerned or is concerned about.  

I've had lung and a kidney spot turn out to be nothing.  In my case just by looking at my liver spot on the CT my oncologist was concerned.  I was scheduled for a biopsy, which didn't happen bc it was impossible to get to and then an MRI to try to get a better picture.  

Either way, truthfully, the waiting is the worst.  Did they suggest a biopsy or an MRI?  Maybe your dr is confident it's nothing.  It's impossible to know without having some comparison (and/or a biopsy).  It's very possible that's it's nothing.  

Take care 

Happy_girl
                                    Participant

Didn't suggest either mri or biopsy- just to wait until my next scan.  I heard from my oncs nurse- haven't gotten to talk with my dr yet.  Thanks for your response!

Happy_girl
                                      Participant

Didn't suggest either mri or biopsy- just to wait until my next scan.  I heard from my oncs nurse- haven't gotten to talk with my dr yet.  Thanks for your response!

Prd10
                                        Participant

I know it's impossible not to worry about it but try to stay positive.  There are other very common things it could be.  Typically melanoma will return in more than one spot on the liver so you have that working for you too (I found that in my month of waiting research, but don't remember where).  Hopefully just speaking with your oncologist will put your mind at ease a bit.  

Prd10
                                          Participant

I know it's impossible not to worry about it but try to stay positive.  There are other very common things it could be.  Typically melanoma will return in more than one spot on the liver so you have that working for you too (I found that in my month of waiting research, but don't remember where).  Hopefully just speaking with your oncologist will put your mind at ease a bit.  

Prd10
                                            Participant

Happy_girl
                                              Participant

Prd10
                                              Participant

Hi –

Sorry you are dealing with this.  I just went through the same thing in March.  Have you spoken to your oncologist about this yet?  I've had things pop up on lungs, kidney and liver and my oncologist has always been clear on what he's not concerned or is concerned about.  

I've had lung and a kidney spot turn out to be nothing.  In my case just by looking at my liver spot on the CT my oncologist was concerned.  I was scheduled for a biopsy, which didn't happen bc it was impossible to get to and then an MRI to try to get a better picture.  

Either way, truthfully, the waiting is the worst.  Did they suggest a biopsy or an MRI?  Maybe your dr is confident it's nothing.  It's impossible to know without having some comparison (and/or a biopsy).  It's very possible that's it's nothing.  

Take care 

Prd10
                                                Participant

Hi –

Take care 

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics