The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Occipital Nodes swollen and tender for over a month on Stage IV survivor

Forums General Melanoma Community Occipital Nodes swollen and tender for over a month on Stage IV survivor

Participant

Has anyone experienced tender nodes (rather than hard, painless nodes) turn out to be mets? I have no infections currently and blood work a couple months ago was good. I have been NED for 8 years, but still worry with symptoms that last….My heart goes out to all dealing with melanoma…

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        gigembritt
        Participant

My are swollen and tender same location…. have been for a while. I just found out that I have melanoma so when I go to MD Anderson Tuesday I will ask.

I have been to my pcp twice about my swollen nodes but he just says I am fighting something and if I dont feel bad then I should be fine….but this was before the Melanoma dx. 

NancyGM
            Participant

I hope your appointment at MD Anderson went well and the very best of luck to you.

NancyGM
              Participant

I hope your appointment at MD Anderson went well and the very best of luck to you.

NancyGM
                Participant

gigembritt
                Participant

My are swollen and tender same location…. have been for a while. I just found out that I have melanoma so when I go to MD Anderson Tuesday I will ask.

I have been to my pcp twice about my swollen nodes but he just says I am fighting something and if I dont feel bad then I should be fine….but this was before the Melanoma dx. 

gigembritt
                  Participant

Swanee
                    Participant

Hi Nancy!  So good to see a post from you, I hope all checks out well and you will be on your way free of a melanoma worry!  You were here early on when I was first diagnosed in  2010, so always encouraging to see a post from an "old timer."  As I recall you were using a lot of flax oil in your diet and I implemented that in my own melanoma journey, also finding that to be a common thread among long term survivors.  Wishing you good news and continued good health!

Swanee

NancyGM
                        Participant

Swanee, Thanks so much for your reply and for remembering me…I am on here rarely anymore! Congrats on your six years of still being here. Flax oil is a powerful tool, it seems. I have also been on a vegan diet for 8 years now, which seems to be helping, too…best of luck and continued health to you.

NancyGM
                          Participant

Swanee, Thanks so much for your reply and for remembering me…I am on here rarely anymore! Congrats on your six years of still being here. Flax oil is a powerful tool, it seems. I have also been on a vegan diet for 8 years now, which seems to be helping, too…best of luck and continued health to you.

NancyGM
                            Participant

Swanee
                            Participant

Hi Nancy!  So good to see a post from you, I hope all checks out well and you will be on your way free of a melanoma worry!  You were here early on when I was first diagnosed in  2010, so always encouraging to see a post from an "old timer."  As I recall you were using a lot of flax oil in your diet and I implemented that in my own melanoma journey, also finding that to be a common thread among long term survivors.  Wishing you good news and continued good health!

Swanee

Swanee
                              Participant

Swanee

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics