The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NY Times Article and DON’T EVER EVER GIVE UP.

Forums General Melanoma Community NY Times Article and DON’T EVER EVER GIVE UP.

Participant

HI Everyone,

Does anyone have the link to the NY Times article someon posted here a few days ago. I can't find it. Grrr.  

I was on this site for many many years awhile back.  I could not have gotten through those tough times without it.  I am  a stage IV survior and I would like to say to each and everyone of you. what my doctor said to me many years agol

Carole , don't pay attention to Statistics.  Noone can tell you how they arrived at them or how old they are.  

Carole, just because someone else didn't  make it doesn't mean y9ou won't.  

I left the hospital that day  and the first thing I heardon the radio was I BELIEVE I CAN FLY by R Kelly.  I Believe I can fly, I Believe I can touch the sky. I think about every night and day. I believe I can fly away  I believe I can soar , I believe I can soar right through that open door. I Believe I can fly.  

NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP HOPE. 

Love and Light

Carole

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
          ed williams
          Participant

I am not sure Ann but I think she might be looking for the article from a few weeks ago that was a positive article. The last article was more of a" scare people"article where they used an experts opinion to paint Immunotherapy in not such a great light. The problem with the expert from the article is that he is doing research in stem cells to try and get NK (natural killer cells) to attack cancer. William J Murphy is a professor of dermatology at UC Davis and they failed to state his obvious conflict of interest. Here is the article from a few weeks ago which has Dr. Allison from M.D. Anderson in it. Best Wishes!!!Edhttp://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/health/harnessing-the-immune-system-to-fight-cancer.html?rref=collection%2Fseriescollection%2Fimmunotherapy&action=click

ed williams
            Participant

I am not sure Ann but I think she might be looking for the article from a few weeks ago that was a positive article. The last article was more of a" scare people"article where they used an experts opinion to paint Immunotherapy in not such a great light. The problem with the expert from the article is that he is doing research in stem cells to try and get NK (natural killer cells) to attack cancer. William J Murphy is a professor of dermatology at UC Davis and they failed to state his obvious conflict of interest. Here is the article from a few weeks ago which has Dr. Allison from M.D. Anderson in it. Best Wishes!!!Edhttp://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/health/harnessing-the-immune-system-to-fight-cancer.html?rref=collection%2Fseriescollection%2Fimmunotherapy&action=click

ed williams
              Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics