The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

not reading it –

Forums General Melanoma Community not reading it –

Participant

not yet anyway. Can't face the vitriol..  no stomach for it.  

I'd rather share some more thoughts with the readers. Probably make things worse for myself, but some things need saying.

not yet anyway. Can't face the vitriol..  no stomach for it.  

I'd rather share some more thoughts with the readers. Probably make things worse for myself, but some things need saying.

I wrote to one of Nic's RL friends as soon as BG's post appeared -I was very concerned that this old BG/Rox war would bring far too much negative attention to what was intended to be Nic's gift to her beautiful young child. I asked if we should contact Tim to have BG's post removed, along with the one on the main board asking for the blog address. I got no reply. (This is not a reflection on Nic's friend; I may have the wrong email address / the friend's day may be filled with real life problems or there may be zero interest in all things melanoma .. and who would blame them for that)  So I decided to tell BG it was fine to post about stuff that happened here, but that we should not discuss a private blog.

I said as little as possible to BG, I did not reveal then that Nic blogged barely two lines about her interaction with R that last time. (Why should I, it was a PRIVATE blog!!!)  Nic was proud she walked away when R was eager for more. It was (and still is) my opinion she was treated harshly in July and I welcomed the chance to finally talk about it. (I had said nothing at the time because I was on vacation, and when I got home Nic was content to leave it alone. As her friend, the last thing I wanted to do was drag her back somewhere she wanted nothing to do with.)

Nic did a lot of good here and she helped many more people behind the scenes. She had a right to her own thoughts and we have no right to censor her. And to those who say or hint otherwise, I suggest you try walking a mile in her shoes and see if you could be even half the person she was.

So yes, BG was opportunistic, but she was also called out by R yet again for the sins of her daughter…  that shit will never end and it is sucking the life out of this place. And now it is sullying something precious.. what an absolute disgrace.

(Sorry Bonnie hun, I know you want this to stop.. I'm pretty much done now though)

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bonnie Lea
        Participant

Dear Linda

I hope that if I ever 'go' on to pastures far away from life that I do not have this happening.  I am not a superstitious person I believe in an after life, though some parts of it will be diff due to who I am.  I have dreampt frequently of my brother who died at Christmas Time in Japan of advanced prostate cancer mets to bones and liver.  He has been with me since.  Helps me out in times of stress, but wants me to join hiim for tea.  (weird I know)  this last time he was with my dather, deceased and my dog from my childhood.  It was the dog who stopped me entering into the tea house to have tea with the two most loved men in my life (except for my husband and Son) 

Tim will wait.  He eases my fears at these tests, in fact I think he tells them what to do. hahah  Long Long story and boring to most here.

Must get ready for church, then on to dotters 32nd birthday with cheese cake in hand, and my smiling face and grumpy Bob (its a long drive for two such oldies as us) 

Love Bonnie

bcl
            Participant

yea, it's not something to look forward to is it..  Arguments aside though, I think should little G come here to read the archives someday she will no doubt be filled with pride as she learns more about her all too modest mum.

I am so glad you have found a way to keep your dear brother with you Bonnie, it sounds like he is a real source of strength for you. Hope you had a good day today..  your daughter must have been thrilled to see your smiling face – cheese cake or not:) xxlinda

bcl
              Participant

yea, it's not something to look forward to is it..  Arguments aside though, I think should little G come here to read the archives someday she will no doubt be filled with pride as she learns more about her all too modest mum.

I am so glad you have found a way to keep your dear brother with you Bonnie, it sounds like he is a real source of strength for you. Hope you had a good day today..  your daughter must have been thrilled to see your smiling face – cheese cake or not:) xxlinda

bcl
                Participant

Bonnie Lea
                Participant

Dear Linda

I hope that if I ever 'go' on to pastures far away from life that I do not have this happening.  I am not a superstitious person I believe in an after life, though some parts of it will be diff due to who I am.  I have dreampt frequently of my brother who died at Christmas Time in Japan of advanced prostate cancer mets to bones and liver.  He has been with me since.  Helps me out in times of stress, but wants me to join hiim for tea.  (weird I know)  this last time he was with my dather, deceased and my dog from my childhood.  It was the dog who stopped me entering into the tea house to have tea with the two most loved men in my life (except for my husband and Son) 

Tim will wait.  He eases my fears at these tests, in fact I think he tells them what to do. hahah  Long Long story and boring to most here.

Must get ready for church, then on to dotters 32nd birthday with cheese cake in hand, and my smiling face and grumpy Bob (its a long drive for two such oldies as us) 

Love Bonnie

Bonnie Lea
                  Participant

Dear Linda

Love Bonnie

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics