The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

not a pretty subject

Forums General Melanoma Community not a pretty subject

Participant

Ok, I am on Fenogyl patch and hydracodone for pain from bone mets. The problem is, I am having a terrible time with constipation. I am drinking lots of water, eating lots of fruit, taking triple doses of Dulcolax and have even resorted to enemas. no joy. Any ideas?

Ok, I am on Fenogyl patch and hydracodone for pain from bone mets. The problem is, I am having a terrible time with constipation. I am drinking lots of water, eating lots of fruit, taking triple doses of Dulcolax and have even resorted to enemas. no joy. Any ideas?

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          Have you tried Sennacot? I think there’s also A higher dose prescription version maybe? Call your dr and have them give you something to just keep taking regularly. Once you get ahead of it, maybe you will have better luck.

So sorry to hear you are dealing w this on top of everything else. Definitely been there.

Amy

awillett1991
          Participant
            Have you tried Sennacot? I think there’s also A higher dose prescription version maybe? Call your dr and have them give you something to just keep taking regularly. Once you get ahead of it, maybe you will have better luck.

So sorry to hear you are dealing w this on top of everything else. Definitely been there.

Amy

awillett1991
            Participant

Amy

Sherron
              Participant

by a herbal remedy called Slippery Elm at the Health Food Store, and Cascara Sagrada, and try a stool softner….they work great…need to drink lots of water, but it helps…I have migraines all the time, and my medication has codiene, so it causes a problems…but with these things, my problem is fixed!

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER!

Sherron
                Participant

by a herbal remedy called Slippery Elm at the Health Food Store, and Cascara Sagrada, and try a stool softner….they work great…need to drink lots of water, but it helps…I have migraines all the time, and my medication has codiene, so it causes a problems…but with these things, my problem is fixed!

Take Care,

Sherron
                  Participant

Take Care,

Sherron
                    Participant

Take Care,

Sherron
                      Participant

Take Care,

Sherron
                        Participant

Take Care,

Sherron
                          Participant

Take Care,

Sherron
                            Participant

Take Care,

Sherron
                              Participant

Take Care,

patobs01
                                Participant

I can tell you a plan that a nurse gave me after I suffered the same problem for over a week. When I was taking intereron she told me to use Sennekot. Day 1 – Start with 2 in the am, and 2 in the pm. Day 2 – Start with 2 in am and 3 in pm. Day 3 – Start with 3 in am and 4 in pm. Day 5 – start with 4 in am and 5 in pm. It took me until day 3 or 4, but it worked. Hope it can help you too.

patobs01
                                  Participant

I can tell you a plan that a nurse gave me after I suffered the same problem for over a week. When I was taking intereron she told me to use Sennekot. Day 1 – Start with 2 in the am, and 2 in the pm. Day 2 – Start with 2 in am and 3 in pm. Day 3 – Start with 3 in am and 4 in pm. Day 5 – start with 4 in am and 5 in pm. It took me until day 3 or 4, but it worked. Hope it can help you too.

patobs01
                                    Participant

casagrayson
                                      Participant

I doubt this will work all by itself, but I think it will help.  Try drinking peppermint hot tea.  For some reason that works for me under normal circumstances.

casagrayson
                                        Participant

I doubt this will work all by itself, but I think it will help.  Try drinking peppermint hot tea.  For some reason that works for me under normal circumstances.

casagrayson
                                          Participant

Tina D
                                            Participant

This is such a miserable issue to have to deal with. I have had to cope with it pretty much every time I have had surgery and also during some treatments. It can make one SO VERY uncomfortable. I found that if it got ahead of me at the beginning, taking Milk of Magnesia would get things starting. After that taking Senokot two tabs twice a day ( senokot plus is even better) usually kept things going, so to speak. Also, being sure to drink lots of water. Sorry you are dealing with this and I hope you get relief SOON!

Tina

Tina D
                                              Participant

This is such a miserable issue to have to deal with. I have had to cope with it pretty much every time I have had surgery and also during some treatments. It can make one SO VERY uncomfortable. I found that if it got ahead of me at the beginning, taking Milk of Magnesia would get things starting. After that taking Senokot two tabs twice a day ( senokot plus is even better) usually kept things going, so to speak. Also, being sure to drink lots of water. Sorry you are dealing with this and I hope you get relief SOON!

Tina

Tina D
                                                Participant

Tina

mama1960
                                                  Participant
                                                    Thanks for the tips! Senocot bought,mission achievable, I hope!
                                                    mama1960
                                                    Participant
                                                        LynnLuc
                                                        Participant

Mayo Clinic gave me Senna to get me going after surgery and the pain pump …that stuff is something else LOL

LynnLuc
                                                          Participant

Mayo Clinic gave me Senna to get me going after surgery and the pain pump …that stuff is something else LOL

LynnLuc
                                                            Participant

mama1960
                                                            Participant
                                                          Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics