The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Nodule in lung

Forums General Melanoma Community Nodule in lung

Participant

Greetings warriors;

I recently had cat scan on my chest/abdomen to figure out some stomach issues I have been having. They did not find any issues but did see a 4MM nodule in my left lung. I have been NED since last Spring and my last PET in January did not show this nodule. I emailed my onco about this as he did not order the test and would not have seen it, but what is normally done in a situation like this?

Thanks,

Ted

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Rocco
        Participant

Hi Ted,

Back in the day my Onc had me 'watch and wait' in a similar situation and then rescan in 3 months time.

Rocco

MarkR
          Participant

I had something similar and we watched it over a few scans.  In my case they kept growing but I had multiples appear which is more concerning.  A single small nodule could easily be related to something else like a chest infection and may be gone at the next scan

Mark

tedtell1
            Participant

Yep, my oncologist told me it is not something to worry about unless I get more or it has grown in my next scan.

Thanks everybody,

Ted

Zelda_Scotland
              Participant
                Hi Ted,
                I’ve been on Nivo since January and my last CT scan showed enlarged lymph nodes in my chest and several lug nodules. I’ve to have an Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) on Tuesday where they put a camera down your windpipe and take samples. This should determine whether it’s inflammation caused by the treatment or whether the melanoma has spread. Hope yours turned out to be ok.
                Zelda
            Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics