The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

No threaded archives– such a shame!

Forums General Melanoma Community No threaded archives– such a shame!

Participant

Well, here we are 2 1/2 months after the roll out of the "new and improved" MPIP web site. While it is new, I can't say that it is much improved, although all of the glitches we reported during the first month have been fixed. Which is a good thing.

Unfortunately, one of the most valuable features of the old web site– the threaded archive of old posts– is gone. Many of us here have repeatedly requested that this feature be revived but no one from MPIP has even acknowledged our requests. Total silence. So I conclude that we are never going to see that feature again.

Such a shame! Such a loss of valuable experience and advice! It makes me wonder if MPIP hired the same web development company that Obamacare hired. 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        JC
        Participant

Agree, that was a really valuable resource/tool to have for people. I used it a lot.

JC
          Participant

Agree, that was a really valuable resource/tool to have for people. I used it a lot.

JC
            Participant

SBeattie
              Participant

I refered to it as well…thankyou POW

Maureen038
                  Participant

I totally agree with you POW that that was an important feature. I don't understand why that is no longer available. Tim, could you please explain that to us?

Maureen

Maureen038
                    Participant

I totally agree with you POW that that was an important feature. I don't understand why that is no longer available. Tim, could you please explain that to us?

Maureen

Maureen038
                      Participant

Maureen

SBeattie
                      Participant

SBeattie
                        Participant

Swanee
                          Participant

I joined this website in 2010 when I was diagnosed with stage IV.  I cannot emphasis enough how important all those threads were to me searching for information and just reading other patients journeys to understand what might lie ahead for me and an insight to treatments/surgery/experiences, that I may or may not ever have.  I've had so many questions since 2010 that were all answered just by reading old posts and I have never had the need to use the website to ask questions as most of the answers are in the threads. This  resource was been invaluable to me.  I learned way more by reading and researching than I ever did by asking a question.  

It is truly a huge loss to this website and has made the biggest negative impact on the one it should be helping the most…the patient… who is desperately trying to find their way through this melanoma maze.  

It feels like I've lost all my research I worked so hard to find, it's all gone!  You are so right POW, I'm so glad you brought this up!

Swanee   

Swanee
                            Participant

I joined this website in 2010 when I was diagnosed with stage IV.  I cannot emphasis enough how important all those threads were to me searching for information and just reading other patients journeys to understand what might lie ahead for me and an insight to treatments/surgery/experiences, that I may or may not ever have.  I've had so many questions since 2010 that were all answered just by reading old posts and I have never had the need to use the website to ask questions as most of the answers are in the threads. This  resource was been invaluable to me.  I learned way more by reading and researching than I ever did by asking a question.  

It is truly a huge loss to this website and has made the biggest negative impact on the one it should be helping the most…the patient… who is desperately trying to find their way through this melanoma maze.  

It feels like I've lost all my research I worked so hard to find, it's all gone!  You are so right POW, I'm so glad you brought this up!

Swanee   

Swanee
                              Participant

Swanee   

GAngel
                                Participant

I cannot agree more! The information found in those threads is invaluable.

GAngel
                                  Participant

casagrayson
                                      Participant

Just bumping this up to the top so that MAYBE some one from MRF (Shelby, Tim, anyone???) will at least acknowledge our questions!

casagrayson
                                        Participant

Just bumping this up to the top so that MAYBE some one from MRF (Shelby, Tim, anyone???) will at least acknowledge our questions!

POW
                                          Participant

I emailed Shelby and copied Tim. Tim replied that he would discuss it with Shelby and get back to us. Fingers crossed! 

POW
                                            Participant

I emailed Shelby and copied Tim. Tim replied that he would discuss it with Shelby and get back to us. Fingers crossed! 

POW
                                              Participant

casagrayson
                                                Participant

GAngel
                                                Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics