The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

No longer NED – looks like I’m back

Forums General Melanoma Community No longer NED – looks like I’m back

Participant

After what's been a great almost 2 years NED/NEAD, last week, my scan revealed a small metastatic tumor on my adrenal gland.  An MRI seemed to confirm that earlier this week.  I was wondering if anyone (probably Bubbles to start) has any information on acquired resistance.  Here's my short history:

December 2014 – Dxed Stage 4 – tumors in bones, possibly liver (reclassified as fatty sparing), distant lymph nodes.  

January- April 2015 – Ipi.  Eliminated bone pain.

April 2015 – Began Keytruda treatment

December 2015 – NEAD (spots on liver still on CT, but eventually reclassified to fatty sparing).  

October 2016- Stopped Keytruda

October 2017 – clear scan

February 2018 – PET showed sub 2 cm spot on right adrenal gland.  

So, there's a lot of factors there which make me an interesting case again.  I know adrenal tumors don't tend to cause any problems initially, but I do feel pretty good.  I had very limited adverse reactions to ipi and keytruda.  I'm also waiting for a call from my doc to discuss the next steps (in concrete terms), but that our previous discussion was surgery and restarting treatment.  Does anyone else have any other information or experiences to draw from?

Thanks again.  This place is always an amazing resource.  

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics