The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

No Ippi treatment DAMM Medicare!!

Forums General Melanoma Community No Ippi treatment DAMM Medicare!!

Participant

I was supposed to have my first Ippi treatment today. I reported to the James Cancer Center early and found out that Medicare still had not approved my treatment. I was really furious that no one called me to cancel yesterday or this morning. They were very appologetic and rescheduled foor next Thursday. I was so geared up for today's treatment. I felt so bad that my daughter dropped me off and then had to come back to get me. Another week of waiting while this monster grows inside of me.

Joan

I was supposed to have my first Ippi treatment today. I reported to the James Cancer Center early and found out that Medicare still had not approved my treatment. I was really furious that no one called me to cancel yesterday or this morning. They were very appologetic and rescheduled foor next Thursday. I was so geared up for today's treatment. I felt so bad that my daughter dropped me off and then had to come back to get me. Another week of waiting while this monster grows inside of me.

Joan

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        washoegal
        Participant

You need to ask the doctor, or whoever does his paperwork, to follow up with medicare.  Unless they are pushed they will be forever. 

Maxximom
            Participant

Thanks for the reply.. I was assured that they are on Medicare's case and that this is typical  of Medicare that the doctor has to keep submitting need for this treatment to Medicare and that they will eventually approve..eventually..meanwhile I wait.. I pray that next week will be a go..sigh!

Maxximom
              Participant

Thanks for the reply.. I was assured that they are on Medicare's case and that this is typical  of Medicare that the doctor has to keep submitting need for this treatment to Medicare and that they will eventually approve..eventually..meanwhile I wait.. I pray that next week will be a go..sigh!

Maxximom
                Participant

washoegal
                Participant

You need to ask the doctor, or whoever does his paperwork, to follow up with medicare.  Unless they are pushed they will be forever. 

washoegal
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics