The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

No Evidence of Disease – Good news

Forums General Melanoma Community No Evidence of Disease – Good news

Participant

The surgeon told me today that both the lmyph node and the area that had previously shown melanoma (both on and near my neck) came back free of any signs of cancer. *Pausing for another sigh of relief*

He said they either got it all with the first exicision taken for biopsy or there was so little left that my body took care of it while healing that area. Either way, it wasn't found in these samples. Of course, he cautioned me that the only took the lymph node that showed the most radioactivity and that doesn't guarantee it hasn't gone to a different one, but the odds are in my favor that I am currently without this cancer at the moment. I'm going with that!!

My oncologist, dermatologist, and internest will continue to work with me on monitoring for any changes or anything new. As a fair-skinned and freckled woman with over 50 years of southern California sun damage done to her skin, that will keep us all busy. 

I'll be around. I've made friends I'd like to keep up on!

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

Excellent news! Sighs of relief are great!

All the best to you,

jennunicorn
          Participant

All the best to you,

jennunicorn
            Participant

All the best to you,

youngann
              Participant

Wonderful news, so happy for you.

LaurieGayle
                  Participant

Thanks Ann. It's nice to have good news!

LaurieGayle
                    Participant

LaurieGayle
                      Participant

youngann
                      Participant

youngann
                        Participant

DZnDef
                          Participant

Congratulations!  Now back to living life!

LaurieGayle
                              Participant

Yes, back to living life with a new outlook on life! 

LaurieGayle
                                Participant

LaurieGayle
                                  Participant

DZnDef
                                  Participant

DZnDef
                                    Participant

scpage
                                      Participant

You are indeed blessed….and truly a ray of hope for those of us just starting this journey!!!  This next week tells the story of where I'm at, and because our circumstances are very similar, I hope I can lean on you for advice and support.

Stan

scpage
                                        Participant

You are indeed blessed….and truly a ray of hope for those of us just starting this journey!!!  This next week tells the story of where I'm at, and because our circumstances are very similar, I hope I can lean on you for advice and support.

Stan

scpage
                                          Participant

Stan

stars
                                            Participant

Such good news! Give that cute little baby in your profile pic an extra big hug!

stars
                                              Participant

Such good news! Give that cute little baby in your profile pic an extra big hug!

stars
                                                Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics