The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Nivolumab or dacarbazin

Forums General Melanoma Community Nivolumab or dacarbazin

Participant

Hi everyone here at this fantastic site!

This forum has educated me about melanoma and many posts have been a comfort to me, that there is always hope.

I am now in a study nivolumab/dacarbazin. One arm gets nivolumab and the other arm dacarbazin. I have had two fusions, last time during the fusion I felt a funny feeling in my nose and sinus where I have an inoperable melanom. I also had some pain where I had been operated. The fusion was either nivolumab or placebo, dacarbazin was not an option in that fusion. I am so frustrated not knowing what I get, I have not big trust in dacarbazin. As everyone says, not knowing is the worst. My husband is of course worried too, he got a big heartinfarct yesterday and I think it's for worrying for a long time. Now I worry for him too. We are 64/67 years old and have an awesome life after retired if it was not for this. What I want is an opinion from you that has got nivolumab if you recognise the strange feeling during infusion. Otherwise I don't feel anything, perhaps a little tired. 

Thanks for any help.  

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        UrsulaZ
        Participant

hi there,

I'm glad you're getting treatment, and wish you the best.

I'm getting Nivolumab infusions, and don't recognize the 'funny feeling' you're talking about, but I'm sure all our responses are quite individualized.

Good luck..

Ursula

UrsulaZ
          Participant

hi there,

I'm getting Nivolumab infusions, and don't recognize the 'funny feeling' you're talking about, but I'm sure all our responses are quite individualized.

Good luck..

Ursula

UrsulaZ
            Participant

hi there,

Good luck..

Ursula

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics